House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ted D. Bear

All Abbey Mortgage Rates To Rise 0.3%

Guest absolutezero

But, but, but....

The Bank of England lowered rates last month..... My mortgage should be cheaper. Why is it more expensive? It can't be, the Government won't let them do that. It's different this time.

You can't lose with property.....

Guest KingCharles1st

I....DON'T....UNDERSTAND..........

Edited by KingCharles1st

I....DON'T....UNDERSTAND..........

Blondes!

Take off those wet things and slip into something a bit more comfortable and let me explain.

Edited by expatowner

Excellent, Thank you.

How about savers? +0.3% ?

Abbey has confirmed it is to increase rates on all of its products by 0.3% on Monday.

I guess this must mean savings too. Its getting desperate out there people - be vigilant :ph34r:

I guess this must mean savings too

I wouldn't be too sure on that one. I expect they are referring solely to mortgage products.

My guess is that people think that banks borrow money form the BofE, hence why they think their mortgage rates should go down. Your average person with a mortgage doesn't understand that the 2 aren't specifically linked. (FWIW, up until i started reading these forums, I also believed this is how the system worked)

C&G did this recently, which was more pain when I remortgaged last week.

I know the cost of raising money has gone up, but this is probably the banks reacting to the loss of competition from Northern Rock.

Oh well, I have been buying bank shares as well, so the increased profits will be nice.

I wouldn't be too sure on that one. I expect they are referring solely to mortgage products.

My guess is that people think that banks borrow money form the BofE, hence why they think their mortgage rates should go down. Your average person with a mortgage doesn't understand that the 2 aren't specifically linked. (FWIW, up until i started reading these forums, I also believed this is how the system worked)

I think the note of sarcasm might have been missed mate!

:lol:

Excellent, Thank you.

How about savers? +0.3% ?

Well dont know about Abbey but just had an email from Northern Crock rates on Silver savings down by 0.25% :angry: