House Price Crash Forum

I Am Going To Prison

US Citizen

HOLA441

At least the Lib dems and Tories (spits) are against it so a general election might see the end of this I.D. card . For me this is a big issue, I would vote solely on this. What to do ? Write to our M.P.'s making it clear that there are votes to be won and lost?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
What have you got to hide?? (I hear the sheep retort)

Is it that you don't want the government selling/offering all of your personal details to "third parties"?

Is it that you believe that allowing the government to spy on you is the first step toward totalitarianism?

If you don't have anything to hide, you won't mind them putting up an infra red camera pole outside of your house presumably? In fact, if you "don't have anything to hide", you deserve it :ph34r:

If you have nothing to hide, why not a camera in your lounge? It's for your protection.

HOLA444
How the heck do you prove your ID before you obtain the card. Birth cert?
Would they object if I turned up at the office with a shield bearing the correct Arms?

It's a pretty good system, as long as Her Indoors and the kiddies remember to get theirs correctly differenced/impaled &c.

Don't tell me. Shields are illegal now due to Health & Safety regs.?

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
They wont catch me, because I wont be here. From what I have read, a lot of people wont be.

so its gone from "mr brave big bxxllox im going to prison for what i believe", to me cowardy cowardy i'm running away.

either way much simpler to get a card you paranoid twXt.

HOLA448

It seems to me that the 'folk' in charge are very stupid to push through this constant drip drip of removal of our liberties. There will come a tipping point, the point at which a certain number of the more moral and intelligent members of our country will have had enough. Of course its nice to think that those in charge would see the potential danger and not push this control too far, but i have no doubt they will continue blindly until the point is reached where conflict occurs.

As has been shown in iraq. It takes a handful of determined men with simple small arms and some rocket propelled grenaged to totally humiliate the most highly advanced army in the world (US) and best trained professional soldiers (UK). In addition it takes only a small proportion of the poulation to peacfully antagonise the government with organised disobedience. I wonder what the true level of resistance to ID card is? What percentage of the poulation is vehermently opposed to them? Anything around 20% would surely be a major problem for their implementation.

There is no way any government can contol their population under totalitarian conditions for long. There are always those prepared to fight and cause trouble. And it only takes a few.

HOLA449
As has been shown in iraq. It takes a handful of determined men with simple small arms and some rocket propelled grenaged to totally humiliate the most highly advanced army in the world (US) and best trained professional soldiers (UK).

You do get the impression though, that unless a prince of the realm is there, the troops will be woefully undersupplied and unsupported. I can't even see the benefit of being in these wars. We supposedly defeated the enemy (Saddam sure paid) and yet don't even have all of their oil (shared with the US of course), so what was that all about?? We pwned them and yet our fuel costs go up! Some victory, some leadership! At least if we're going to do a war, let's please do it proper eh! It's like warmongering, but in a nanny pansy sort of half-ar*ed way. I think the government should not be allowed to wage war, they just kill people and for no good reason. Let's hope our new President of Europe is more efficient. When are the elections starting anyway? And who's running?

HOLA4410
so its gone from "mr brave big bxxllox im going to prison for what i believe", to me cowardy cowardy i'm running away.

either way much simpler to get a card you paranoid twXt.

It's laughable isn't it? These forum members all well to do middle class with good jobs whose only clash with authority has been doing 45 in a 30 zone. Oh and there was that shopping trolley incident at Uni! Armchair anarchists. :lol:

HOLA4411
I am of course referring to the back-door carrying of a national identity card. I dont want one and I will not carry one, apply for one and I will risk going to prison for not carrying one.

The card of course is only a piece of plastic, but it is the database behind it. I bring this up here because every time you apply for a bank account or a mortgage or you buy and sell a house you will be asked for your card and based on the information held on your card, you will be accepted and denied certain services and products which we now take for granted without being checked.

So what have you got to hide ?

Well imagine going into a restraunt and being asked to produce your identity card, based on that information the chef can prepare a meal for you based on how much salt or sugar you can have in your diet, or how many drinks you can have because your doctor has said you shouldnt be drinking. Then imagine paying for your meal with your credit card to be asked for your id card as well as they want to ensure that the card actually is yours.

Extreme example, so are home information packs a few years ago and so was a ban on smoking indoors.

No government can be trusted withg this amount of information in place so readily assessible to private corporations as well as public government departments.

Its all about reliquishing your privacy in favour of state control.

A piece of plastic with my name address and date of birth on is harm to anyone we all have them its called driving licence and information is sold to every car clamping and parking firm just becauuse they ask for it, that is NOT what an this id card its much worse.

Possibly the most important post I've read on this forum, or any forum, for years.

HOLA4412

THE PROBLEM:

The goverment can lose anything of yours at the moment. Bank details, NI numbers, addresses.

Yes this is a problem...BUT....

These are changable!

DNA, Retina scans and Finger Prints are NOT!!!!!!!!!

Once they are out of the system and in the wrong hands, you and me are FUC***!!!!!

Archived