House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US Citizen

I Am Going To Prison

I am of course referring to the back-door carrying of a national identity card. I dont want one and I will not carry one, apply for one and I will risk going to prison for not carrying one.

The card of course is only a piece of plastic, but it is the database behind it. I bring this up here because every time you apply for a bank account or a mortgage or you buy and sell a house you will be asked for your card and based on the information held on your card, you will be accepted and denied certain services and products which we now take for granted without being checked.

So what have you got to hide ?

Well imagine going into a restraunt and being asked to produce your identity card, based on that information the chef can prepare a meal for you based on how much salt or sugar you can have in your diet, or how many drinks you can have because your doctor has said you shouldnt be drinking. Then imagine paying for your meal with your credit card to be asked for your id card as well as they want to ensure that the card actually is yours.

Extreme example, so are home information packs a few years ago and so was a ban on smoking indoors.

No government can be trusted withg this amount of information in place so readily assessible to private corporations as well as public government departments.

Its all about reliquishing your privacy in favour of state control.

A piece of plastic with my name address and date of birth on is harm to anyone we all have them its called driving licence and information is sold to every car clamping and parking firm just becauuse they ask for it, that is NOT what an this id card its much worse.

Guest xeouialp

So how are you going to stop them getting your fingerprint and iris image? Never going abroad?

So how are you going to stop them getting your fingerprint and iris image? Never going abroad?

No. I will change citizenship, I will become Irish or French.

Haven't the French had compulsory ID cards since Napoleon's time ?? (Well, not exactly, but for decades?)

Good post debt-free. I completely agree.

Thanks. Dont you think that as a nation we are sleep walking into dangerous territory ?

British lives died for our freedom. Between id cards and the whole europe debacle, we might as well have not fought Adolf Hitler.

I cant think how anything would have changed that much, except for the racism and anti-semitism, which also on the increase in the country.

Guest xeouialp

Eh comment donner le slip au douane et aux gendarmes?

Guest The_Oldie

Make sure you don't lose the ID card. Some years ago I worked for a company that did work in prisons, one of our chaps lost his card and had to stay there overnight until it was all sorted out. They put him up in the warders quarters, but none the less it was an interesting experience for him.

Edit: Sorry, I skim read the post and thought you were going to do some work in a prison.

I think the ID card scheme is a great idea - I'm going to get a couple!

Different names of course.

How the heck do you prove your ID before you obtain the card. Birth cert? Well, I can get anyone I want. All I have to do is pick someone my age and get an birth cert from The General Register Office.

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Haven't the French had compulsory ID cards since Napoleon's time ?? (Well, not exactly, but for decades?)

I am not against carrying a card with my name, address, date of birth a photo. I carry a driving licence everywhere.

I am dead against, fingerprints, dna, health record, benefits entitlement, blood group and blah blah blah what every they want to add to it.

There is NO system in the world that comes close. Then again we have more CCTV cameras on our small Island that the rest of the world put together.

You won't get much freedom or privacy in that prison cell, or the shower.

Expect the chef will serve you up a few goodies too.

Enjoy

I certainly will NOT agree to carry an ID card, and will gladly go to prison (they will have to catch me first!)...

This country has been creeping towards a Big Brother state ever since those evil NuLab sh1ts got in...if they attempt to impose an ID-card upon me, that is the point at which I officially cease my normal relationship with the state (already strained), and become a proper troublemaker.

Gordon you have been warned! :angry:

"People should not be afraid of their government; government should be afraid of their people".

Eh comment donner le slip au douane et aux gendarmes?

Vous venez de plus comme un immigrant illégal, tout comme tout le monde. Nous ramener quelques ciggarettes vin bon marché et certains de calias quand vous faites s’il vous plaît.

Merci beaucoup

(In case you dont speak French)

You come over as an illegal immigrant just like everyone. Bring us back some ciggarettes and some cheap wine from calias when you do please.

Thank you very much

You won't get much freedom or privacy in that prison cell, or the shower.

Expect the chef will serve you up a few goodies too.

Enjoy

They wont catch me, because I wont be here. From what I have read, a lot of people wont be.

Flawed from the outset.

Therefore they'll only be as good as the documentation that is used to obtain one, which you, or a criminal wanting to pose as you has anyway.

Hi

This video

is disturbing (and funny) about potential impacts of the US "Patriot" act. It's very relevant to this thread. Well worth a watch /listen and is only about 2:30 mins long...

Enjoy,

crude.

Vous venez de plus comme un immigrant illégal, tout comme tout le monde. Nous ramener quelques ciggarettes vin bon marché et certains de calias quand vous faites s’il vous plaît.

Merci beaucoup

(In case you dont speak French)

You come over as an illegal immigrant just like everyone. Bring us back some ciggarettes and some cheap wine from calias when you do please.

Thank you very much

fvck1n french knuts :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Flawed from the outset.

Therefore they'll only be as good as the documentation that is used to obtain one, which you, or a criminal wanting to pose as you has anyway.

Imagine being 70 years old, many years from now dying in your bed and the doctor says, I sorry I cant treat you through the NHS because it says your already dead. I have checked and verified your identity and you are not who you claim to be.

Say it aint so

Interesting topic, it could effect everything - life insurance company's would have your shopping / eating habits and thus could deny policy's due to been too risky. I don't think our government has the man power or are competent enough to pull off such a system. But the possibility's are quite scary.

Least the spam emails and junk mail would be things you where interested in rolleyes:

Google menwith hill - its the golf balls on the north Yorkshire moors which listens to all UK phones, faxes, emails among others and can even be used to pick up someones voice if they use a phone anywhere in the uk just using voice recognition Scary stuff

Hi

This video

is disturbing (and funny) about potential impacts of the US "Patriot" act. It's very relevant to this thread. Well worth a watch /listen and is only about 2:30 mins long...

Enjoy,

crude.

This video is so close to mark its scary. I wish I could find it funny...maybe tommorow.

Do yourself a faour dont mention it here.

???? hill - its the >>> on the north Yorkshire moors which listens to all UK phones, faxes, emails among others and can even be used to pick up someones voice if they use a phone anywhere in the uk just using voice recognition Scary stuff

But we've got ID cards already - driving licences, bank cards, passports etc. I think the new ID cards scheme is probably poinltless and a waste of money but I have no objection in principle.

Are you sure they don't have compulsory ID cards already in France?

Anyway, in France and Ireland you are required by law to carry your driving licence and car documentation in the car whenever you're driving.

I would refuse to carry one also.

Just a thought though, can they actually force people to give biometric information? If this involves taking a mouth swab for DNA purposes and a person refuses, then forcefully taking a swab would be tantermount to rape.