House Price Crash Forum

Revised Id Cards Plans Unveiled

Injin

HOLA441

Well, they won't give up and I guess you have to admire their persistence, if not their desire to burn a bar code into everyones forehead if they can get away with it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7280495.stm

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith is setting out a revised timetable for the roll-out of identity cards in the UK.

Non-EU migrants will have to get cards from later this year, airport baggage handlers from 2009 and - from 2010 - students will be offered ID cards.

Both the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats are opposed to ID cards.

Ms Smith, in a speech later, will say that the first Britons to get the ID cards will be those working airside in Britain's airports, such as baggage handlers and cabin crew.

She will also announce a rollout to students - with the thinking being that they will be the most willing to accept them as they could help students do things such as open bank accounts.

Blah blah blah stealthy roundabout, don't notice the temperature froggy...sneaky ID card plan......

How desperate for taxes are these fools?

HOLA442
HOLA443
Trying to get the ball rolling before they get kicked out in 2010 hey?

I think the people pushing for this are the guys behind the scenes who really run everything and because I believe that, I think that no matter who gets in ID cards will be rammed down our throats.

HOLA444

Archived