House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
homeless

Hpc Are We A Cult

Im starting to believe we are all going through some brainwashing similar to religious cults.Dont get me wrong now, i beat the hpc drum as much as anyone.But sometimes i sit back and ty to look from a diffrent angle.Doing so has led me to believe we are showing some cult tendancies on here, this site for many and lower house prices as a whole has become a mantra.

some cult tendancies being showing include

If anyone dares to go against the percieved lowering of prices in here we tend to heckle, pity their judgemnt as unbelievers ultimatly banishing them to the trolls.

we are right and no matter what anyone says WE ARE RIGHT

If anyone dares challenge us we clique together to defend our position using group tactics to diminish their opinion.

We pat each other on the back when athirmatives to our beliefs are solidified

We like nothing better than a new believer, celebrating their finding of the real opinion with a warm welcome, if the newcomer comes here and challenges our beliefs we attack them.

we debate and debate with the unbelievers till we wear them down and then they become one of us.

non believers in a hpc, economic crash think we are all a bit mad and odd, as shown by the continious posts of dinner party chats ect

This forum is looking more and more like a secular cult, sometimes it scares the shit outta me, we need to encourage more bulls on here to stop getting locked into our one sided opinions.

im getting scared now i better stop

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Im starting to believe we are all going through some brainwashing similar to religious cults.Dont get me wrong now, i beat the hpc drum as much as anyone.But sometimes i sit back and ty to look from a diffrent angle.Doing so has led me to believe we are showing some cult tendancies on here, this site for many and lower house prices as a whole has become a mantra.

some cult tendancies being showing include

If anyone dares to go against the percieved lowering of prices in here we tend to heckle, pity their judgemnt as unbelievers ultimatly banishing them to the trolls.

we are right and no matter what anyone says WE ARE RIGHT

If anyone dares challenge us we clique together to defend our position using group tactics to diminish their opinion.

We pat each other on the back when athirmatives to our beliefs are solidified

We like nothing better than a new believer, celebrating their finding of the real opinion with a warm welcome, if the newcomer comes here and challenges our beliefs we attack them.

we debate and debate with the unbelievers till we wear them down and then they become one of us.

non believers in a hpc, economic crash think we are all a bit mad and odd, as shown by the continious posts of dinner party chats ect

This forum is looking more and more like a secular cult, sometimes it scares the shit outta me, we need to encourage more bulls on here to stop getting locked into our one sided opinions.

im getting scared now i better stop

I'm not writing any more posts until you acknowledge HPC as a valid religion.

Now go and report to Eric for immediate auditing.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

I stopped posting on internet forums for a couple of years because I found them too addictive. I only started on here again because of the profile of posters and the need to find out if other businesses were suffering as mine was.

On here, you can say what you want, engage in good debate and keep your anonymity. A perfect cocktail.

I can feel the symptoms of addiction returning again because of this place. I love the whole "am-dram" of it all - the gloom-laden subject titles and subtitles, the misery predicted in each post, the honest and sometimes forthright banter/insults between members (guilting of making and receiving in these cases) and this overwhelming feeling that we are the blessed ones.

:lol:

Well it's better than the Government. They don't debate, they just chant a mantra.

"We promise to be tough on reality and the causes of reality."

To achieve true cult status I think we need the following:

1) A costume

2) One or more videos on YouTube promulgating our virtues. I think, for instance, its a 100% true fact that as HPCers, we know we're the only ones who could do something if we saw an accident...

3) A few law suits denying our cult status

4) A documentary or two on BBC3/C4 uncovering our dark secrets

I prefer this cult to the HPI one; they have to "donate" all their money to their religion.

However, I'm quitting if the leader of HPC tries to sleep with Mrs. Paddles.

To achieve true cult status I think we need the following:

1) A costume

2) One or more videos on YouTube promulgating our virtues. I think, for instance, its a 100% true fact that as HPCers, we know we're the only ones who could do something if we saw an accident...

3) A few law suits denying our cult status

4) A documentary or two on BBC3/C4 uncovering our dark secrets

We need a secret hand signal, a salute, a docudrama showing the life of HPC'ers.

(Have you seen the catherine tate - woman who marries serial killers?)

Salivating like pablovs dogs at the mere mention of a HPC the posters here are far to lightweight and junior for the honour of cult status most will never taste the sweet honey that they so desire

I prefer this cult to the HPI one; they have to "donate" all their money to their religion.

However, I'm quitting if the leader of HPC tries to sleep with Mrs. Paddles.

Apparently, He Who Must Not Be Named (Renting Be Upon Him) is more likely to try to sleep with you than Mrs Paddles.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Salivating like pablovs dogs at the mere mention of a HPC the posters here are far to lightweight and junior for the honour of cult status most will never taste the sweet honey that they so desire

Stone him!

With bricks left over from halfbuilt luxury executive apartment developments!

I'm not writing any more posts until you acknowledge HPC as a valid religion.

Now go and report to Eric for immediate auditing.

LTIPMS.......

Seriously though, guys and gals...... Perhaps we should lighten up a little (swiftly ducks head)?

Well certainly if my company knew how much time I spend on here (they probably do :unsure: ), they would arrange my kidnapping, removal of internet access, deprogramming, and thus return to a semblance of my former productivity. There, I've admitted it, I am hooked, maybe the admission is the start of my rehabilitation.

Must get back to work, must get back to work, signing off now till later... :(

Interesting post. The forum does exhibit cult signs at times. I think it is important to the quality of the debate that these tendencies are resisted. Sometimes when an opposing view is offered, the poster is vilified and branded a troll on here, even if the opinion slightly deviates only slightly from the stock HPC party line. Many good posters who used to be on here who would add to the quality of the debate have gone as a result.

Anyway it doesn't really matter, as we'll all be leaving for the planet Zog next month, where the prices only ever go down and Estate agents and BTL landlords have all been crucified.

Guest Skint Academic
We even have a fallen angel in the shape of Bruno, who lurks in the shadows trying to do us mischief.

Yeah but he's going to have no chance tempting us to eat his forbidden fruit!

Blessed are those who lack a 42" plasma tv for they have have little credit card debt

Blessed are the savers for they shall have a whacking great deposit.

Blessed are the priced-out for they shall inherit a 3.5 x salary mortgage.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is FP who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.

For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost bears. And he will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy his brothers.

And you will know he is RB when he lays his vengeance upon you.

Here endeth the lesson.

Edited by linuxgeek

Guest X-QUORK

Well I've not been given the location and time of the alien spaceship pick-up, does that mean I haven't reached Chosen One status yet?

The Cult were a great band by the way, can't beat a bit of She Sells Sanctuary.