House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jonewer

Feckless Slugs Destroy Primacy Of Parliament

Last great stake through the heart of the UK courtesy of a clearly delighted Gordon Broooon.

Watch those emigration figures start to lurch higher........................ me included.

I wonder how the French and Dutch voters feel - they both rejected the previous incarnation of the constitution but haven't actually been given the option this time around. Now that really is a disgrace - people should be rioting in the streets for being treated with such utter contempt

crude.

Edited by crudeFool

I wonder how the French and Dutch voters feel - they both rejected the previous incarnation of the constitution but haven't actually been given the option this time around. Now that really is a disgrace - people should be rioting in the streets for being treated with such utter contempt

crude.

Democracy dies the death of a thousand cuts. :(

The thing that really boils my broccolli is that labour have forced this through with a "mandate" from 22% of the electorate.

Farking Zimbabwe is more democratic than this.

Edited by jonewer

They've realised we won't do anything, or can't do anything about it, and now they are starting to behave with more and more arrogance. The parties are in collusion on this, and the BBC will say what they want us to hear...as long as we get our ipods and leather sofas, no one will revolt against the system. Property ownership is in decline, and the ruling class have it all their own way through media suppression. It really is depressing, and time that people did rise up against it, but how?

Swap Scottish for British and English/England for Germany/German and well - you get the picture....

Of course - all credit to the one true Bard...

Fareweel to a' our Scottish fame,

Fareweel our ancient glory!

Fareweel ev'n to the Scottish name.

Sae famed in martial story!

Now Sark rins over Salway sands,

An' Tweed rins to the ocean,

To mark where England's province stands --

Such a parcel of rogues in a nation!

What force or guile could not subdue

Thro' many warlike ages

Is wrought now by a coward few

For hireling traitor's wages.

The English steel we could disdain,

Secure in valour's station;

But English gold has been our bane --

O, would, or I had seen the day

That Treason thus could sell us,

My auld grey head had lien in clay

Wi' Bruce and loyal Wallace!

But pith and power, till my last hour

I'll mak this declaration :-

'We're bought and sold for English gold'--

Edited by Krackersdave

Far from being ready to rise up most people know too little to care. Labours education policy, started in the 1960s with the destruction of state Grammer schools, has produced a substantial population of ignorant, easily manipulated, urban peasants. Whole urban districts where nobody has more than a very basic education. Dont think this was done by accident and dont fall into the trap of blaming the victims.

Edited by Freeholder

Guest Skint Academic
Swap Scottish for British and English/England for Germany and well - you get the picture....

Kind of ironic if you think about it ...

The enormity of this treachery is impossible to describe. I would rather die almost anywhere else in the world than live in such an eviscerated society presided over by the smug Brown. Has he genuinely convinced himself this is good for the UK or is he mad - or in fact evil? I am not going to stay to find out. I'm off. I'm going to another forum. (joke). No, I am making plans to leave in fact.

Swap Scottish for British and English/England for Germany/German and well - you get the picture....

Thro' many warlike ages

Like this? (or summink)

Farewell to a' our British fame,

Farewell our ancient glory!

Farewell even to the British name.

So famed in martial story!

No channel runs over Dover sands,

No white cliffs afore the ocean,

To mark where Britain’s province stands

A parliament of rogues for the nation!

Thro' many warlike ages

The German steel we could disdain,

But Brussels gold has been our bane --

My old grey head had lain in clay

With Marlborough and Orange William!

I'll make this declaration :-

'We're bought and sold for Strasbourg gold'--

Gordon Brown has behaved like an 17th century plantation owner. Perhaps he thinks this will blow over. He is wrong. Acts of treachery like this stay in the minds of men for hundreds of years.

In recent months I have been gaining a sneaky respect for the Lib Dems. I was begining to suspect that someone had given them a spine transplant. It also looked like they were prepared to honour election promises and listen to the people. It seems I was wrong.

I give credit to David Cameron for speaking up for the people. I trust he will hold good to his promise and give us a referendum when he gets in. Or is he like a man on a train demanding a fight with a man on the platform when he knows that the train is not stopping? Lets hope not.

Your slave owner/master/liege lord/farmer is now in Brussels, not in Westminster.

Not sure what you are thinking is going to change, really. Some guy you've never met will be using violence and threats to make you do what he wants. Same as yesterday.

Thro' many warlike ages

ah parcel of rogues by rabbie burns :)

i have the song of this if you are intrested send me your email, its a great song

i wonder which parties policy this is

EUROPE - back to British independence!

We are opposed to the Single European Currency, and support the overwhelming majority of the British people in their desire to keep the Pound and our traditional weights and measures. At the same time, we are for the best possible relationship with our European neighbours and believe that the nations of Europe should be free to trade and cooperate whenever it is mutually beneficial, though without being forced into a political and economic straitjacket - political unification. Accordingly, we stand for British withdrawal from the European Union. In place of the EU, we intend to aim towards greater national self-sufficiency, and to work to restore Britain’s family and trading ties with Australia, Canada and New Zealand, and to trade with the rest of the world as it suits us. Following our withdrawal from the EU, the BNP will use the £43 million per day net contribution Britain at present makes to the European Union to fund many far more useful projects at home

Far from being ready to rise up most people know too little to care. Labours education policy, started in the 1960s with the destruction of state Grammer schools...

Wrong Party, Freeholder! Wrong Party!

These are the facts:

The [Tory] party's record has been shameful for decades.

It was a Conservative education minister, Sir Edward Boyle, who began the dismantling of grammar schools in the 1950s.

Have a guess under which Education Secretary more grammar schools closed than any other?

Tony Crosland or Shirley Williams?

No. The answer is Margaret Thatcher, who did not lift a finger to stop a single grammar school from closing in Edward Heath's 1970-1974 government.

The formal ditching of grammar schools by the Conservatives was a disgrace.

How convenient to forget Mad Maggie's contribution.

Most people know a lot more than you appear to, Freeholder! (Most of them would probably be able to spell 'Grammar', too!)

p

Ha ha, I had to come back to this forum to laugh. What a load of nonsense has been mouthed, and continues to be mouthed, about Europe. Nothing is said about other international treaties that are signed, that equally give away sovereignty allegedly for the benefit of the UK. For example, an unreciprocated extradition treaty with the US -- how fair is that? And where is the vociferous opposition to that?

I have not heard, anywhere, anyone talk about the issues. Only 'we have a right to a vote.' Well I'm sorry, no you don't if you don't know anything about what you are voting about. Someone on the Beeb's website said we trade more with the US than Europe. It's that sort of ignorance that makes any referendum meaningless. :angry:

i wonder which parties policy this is

EUROPE - back to British independence!

We are opposed to the Single European Currency, and support the overwhelming majority of the British people in their desire to keep the Pound and our traditional weights and measures.

You mean a sensible system that has 16 ounces to the pound; 14 pounds to the stone and 8 stone to the hundredweight. Sensible? The sooner that dies the better -- especially as more and more of our younger generation are not too bright when it comes to maths. How does that help us? I can shop in the supermarkets and compare the unit prices of each item precisely because we adopted that as a European Directive. That is a small but significant benefit to the UK.

At the same time, we are for the best possible relationship with our European neighbours and believe that the nations of Europe should be free to trade and cooperate whenever it is mutually beneficial, though without being forced into a political and economic straitjacket - political unification.

Since when has trade at the level proposed by the Single European Act (ie a single market) worked without the appropriate institutions to arbitrate over differences and conflicts. It just wouldn't work.

Accordingly, we stand for British withdrawal from the European Union. In place of the EU, we intend to aim towards greater national self-sufficiency, and to work to restore Britain’s family and trading ties with Australia, Canada and New Zealand, and to trade with the rest of the world as it suits us.

Just because the British are unable to learn a foreign language (and that, sadly, includes me). As to self sufficiency, we cannot rely on Australia, Canada, etc as they are big players in the global market. Australia in particular has significant trade with the Tiger economies of the Pacific Rim. Why should they support us? Trading with Europe is a no brainer.

Following our withdrawal from the EU, the BNP will use the £43 million per day net contribution Britain at present makes to the European Union to fund many far more useful projects at home

So back to my original response -- ha ha ha ha!! This is predominantly a right-wing website, so you'll forgive me if I say I'm really loving this! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by dude

Ha ha, I had to come back to this forum to laugh. What a load of nonsense has been mouthed, and continues to be mouthed, about Europe. Nothing is said about other international treaties that are signed, that equally give away sovereignty allegedly for the benefit of the UK. For example, an unreciprocated extradition treaty with the US -- how fair is that? And where is the vociferous opposition to that?

I have not heard, anywhere, anyone talk about the issues. Only 'we have a right to a vote.' Well I'm sorry, no you don't if you don't know anything about what you are voting about. Someone on the Beeb's website said we trade more with the US than Europe. It's that sort of ignorance that makes any referendum meaningless

Totally agree dude, and the usual depressing conflation of the International issues with the strictly local, like grammar schools - those bastions of educational elitism that held back this country's education for years and destroyed the opportunities for millions who were condemned to a poor secondary modern education in order to subsidise the better off with free pseudo-public schools. I absolutely detested Thatcher, but hearing she did nothing to stem the decline of the failing grammar system makes her just a tiny bit better in my eyes. ;)

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Did I hear correctly that Brown said in the debate that there would be a Referendum if and when we may join the Euro ?

WFM. :blink:

Totally agree dude, and the usual depressing conflation of the International issues with the strictly local, like grammar schools - those bastions of educational elitism that held back this country's education for years and destroyed the opportunities for millions who were condemned to a poor secondary modern education in order to subsidise the better off with free pseudo-public schools.

Indeed. British kids are just SO much better off today when they have the choice between a poor secondary modern education and high fees for a public school.

Incidentally, I was just reading on the BBC web site that 62% of white working class Britons believe that life in the UK has grown worse under NuLab, and 80% that people like them can no longer afford to buy homes. I wonder if they'll be voting for Brown at the next election?

If the EUSSR lets you have another election, of course.

As Britain's occupation by the Euroreich has been deliberately undertaken without the direct consent of the governed, we have no requirement to obey its laws. Indeed the moral imperative is to break the laws of this enemy state & seek it's destruction. We should no more obey the laws of the Eurioreich than we should have obeyed the laws of its predecessor state the Third Reich. It is time to treat the Euroreich like the enemy state it has been shown to be - break it's laws; don't pay it's taxes; undermine in every way here & in occupied Europe; go to war against the Euroreich & never under any circumstances for it.

I have not heard, anywhere, anyone talk about the issues. Only 'we have a right to a vote.' Well I'm sorry, no you don't if you don't know anything about what you are voting about. Someone on the Beeb's website said we trade more with the US than Europe. It's that sort of ignorance that makes any referendum meaningless. :angry:

Two types of people who post this sort of nonsense. Self serving individuals who are riding the EU gravy train and people easily persuaded by propaganda. Our trade statistics with the EU is not accurately reported. Many UK exports to the rest of the world are routed via continental ports. The EU dishonestly claims these as exports to Europe. As it is, Europe sells more to us than we do to them. China is not in the EU but their exports to Europe are much higher than the UK's.

Perhaps we have signed bad treaties in the past but at least we could to tear them up. By signing the European constitution, we are transferring yet more soveign powers to the EU. Our leaders are collaborating in the formation of a European Super State without evidence of popular support. The EU has not shown itself to be an honest, democratic or safe organisation to belong to. They are riddled with cabals. Deals go on behind closed doors. If a country votes against their wishes, the EU make them vote again until they vote the EU's way. For heaven's sake they are so corrupt that they cannot even get their own accounts signed off.

Two types of people who post this sort of nonsense. Self serving individuals who are riding the EU gravy train and people easily persuaded by propaganda. Our trade statistics with the EU is not accurately reported. Many UK exports to the rest of the world are routed via continental ports. The EU dishonestly claims these as exports to Europe. As it is, Europe sells more to us than we do to them. China is not in the EU but their exports to Europe are much higher than the UK's.

Perhaps we have signed bad treaties in the past but at least we could to tear them up. By signing the European constitution, we are transferring yet more soveign powers to the EU. Our leaders are collaborating in the formation of a European Super State without evidence of popular support. The EU has not shown itself to be an honest, democratic or safe organisation to belong to. They are riddled with cabals. Deals go on behind closed doors. If a country votes against their wishes, the EU make them vote again until they vote the EU's way. For heaven's sake they are so corrupt that they cannot even get their own accounts signed off.

I agree - 100%. MEPs won't even allow their expenses to be examined. We're all being ripped off by Europe left, right and centre. Euro-bureaucracy is as corrupt as they come. And it's about as democratic as Zimbabwe.