House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bill65

Whistleblowers Beware

Many machines now print a series of barely-visible yellow dots onto documents so that they can be traced to that device. Xerox has admitted to using the technology, though not all manufacturers have. ;)

Yes well done that man

i post something like this about six months ago and even added a image showing the dots !

same goes for photo copies too.

it gets better than the 1000 new phone taps a day and thats mobile phones are being used as bugs to record what you say not only when your not on the phone but ????????? and this is the big one ??????????????????????? even when you think its switched off.

i can see them older phones being worth some money one day.

Did you never stop to think why the police (Goverment puppets) are so carefull not to release information as to how they obtain eveidance ? Lazer microphones are also used and can hear what your saying in your own home from miles away and if you just breath in a room then your breath leaves egnought DNA for you to be tracked.

No i am not out to help thugs get away with crimes but i am also against big bro watching my every move and using technoligy so he can send me regular fines for something like crossing a zebra crossing whilst the little mans on red and make no mistake it will come to that just like it has come to drivers that eat a kit cat whilst driving.

Did i forget to tell you about Media Access control (MAC) address that is unique to every network device ? yes i know you can spoof it but from the ground up the internet was not designed to allow unknow access and can you all guess who does all the watching

The dots have been in use a few years now - help detect counterfeiters, ransom note producers and paedophiles printing pics of kids and the like

During the cold war, Russians listened in to a vast number of calls - at one point its believed they had a million people doing it. Of course now they have computers listening for keywords making it much easier

Today many people dont realise their calls via internet/mobile phone may be piped through places like France sometimes - where they can tap calls at will as their laws are very relaxed.

The dots have been in use a few years now - help detect counterfeiters, ransom note producers and paedophiles printing pics of kids and the like

During the cold war, Russians listened in to a vast number of calls - at one point its believed they had a million people doing it. Of course now they have computers listening for keywords making it much easier

Today many people dont realise their calls via internet/mobile phone may be piped through places like France sometimes - where they can tap calls at will as their laws are very relaxed.

Reminds me of the oldest leaving-trick in the book.

Get a ream of paper, then put it in the printer and print something nasty, but in very faint grey, in small letters, on the bottom of each page. Then put it back in the printer loading tray.

Hey presto, every memo and customer quote for the next 2 months will have "Neil Barty* is a cúnt" subtly written on it.

*insert appropriate name here

:ph34r:

They also registered typewriters and took samples of the typeface, so they could track down anyone who felt like a bit of free speech. I'm hardly surprised to see modern governments pushing for the 21st century equivalent.

It's not just keywords that trigger the recorder to go off but it voice patterns so Bin-Laden can go and pinch a phone and as soon as he talks then the recorder will kick in.

Goverment technoligy is about 20 ahead of what most people beleive and if you look back to early 60's james bond films then you will remember the red phone was always encrypted and yet joe public thinks so 50 years later with all the changes that they should use the white phone.

A number of UK ISPs, notably British Telecom, are intending to profit from routeing subscriber traffic through third-party computers based in China and owned and operated by a company in the tax haven of Delaware, USA.

The company is web ad delivery provider Phorm. The background of some of those associated with it does not make for comfortable reading.

BT (and other ISPs) are hoping to avoid UK privacy legislation as follows:

1) by saying the PHORM service is an opt-in;

2) that no personal information is transmitted.

In fact, the routeing of an individual subscriber's traffic through Phorm so that Phorm can sample and analyse a computer user's online behaviour, browsing habits, etc is a clear third-party intrusion.

Not only that: no traffic is excepted. Whether the user allows BT Internet to install a cookie on his / her home computer or not, their Internet usage will no longer be a matter between them and their ISP but between them, BT Internet, and Phorm, for which Phorm will pay considerable sums to British Telecom but nothing at all to the British Telecom customer.

A petition has now been organised in hope of raising the profile of this issue.

If as a UK consumer you care about your rights and your privacy, please spare a moment or two to add your name to the newly launched petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ispphorm

So when they get the inciminating print out, how do they track it to a particular printer?

Should we pay cash for printers from now on then?

Even better - just go to your local tip I have picked up a couple of top quality printers where the ink has run out or it has had a stupid fault - just got a Brother MFC 7420 worth £200 and only 10k copies and these things work to over 100k* ;)

Also I never install colour cartridges (waste of money) so no yellow dots on my prints :P

*just need to find a cheap drum and toner assembly now.

@justice I don't think your phone has the ability to do that because if this were released could you imagine the repercussions for the manufacturer?

Not hard to test if the phone transmitting either so I am sure this would have been big news by now... Have you got any documented evidence to support this?