House Price Crash Forum
bomberbrown

This Place Really Has To Be Some Sort Of Sick Joke?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-166...1&tr_t=rent

Sitting on the ground floor of an impressive cluster of studio flats 1. is this smart self contained number. Fully furnished, it has everything you need to make it through the night 2.. There'll be no bumping in the corridors searching for the loo - you have your own private shower room complete with traditional white wash basin and w.c. A small worktop sits in the main room for food preparation, there is a fridge for storage, a hot plate and a microwave. There are double glazed windows, polished stone floors and neat white walls. You'll never need to leave your newly decorated room 3., and with all bills included in the price quoted you'll be a very happy bunny.

1. More than likely illegally converted HMO

2. Comes complete with a years supply of Prozac

3. This is because if you had any sense, you'd have hung yourself from the light fitting cord

Toilet right next to the kitchen area, according to the floorpan. :blink: How delightful

And just the one small window in the whole flat. Since how long have property developers been turning prisons into blocks of studio flats? :lol:

This kind of thing is fairly standard in central London, though I'd not seen places as pricey as that in Brixton. I would guess they are aiming at young foreign or Commonwealth couples in London for six months or so (the maximum you could stay there without killing yourself, bankrupting yourself or going mad) who think that Brixton is 'vibrant'.

Hmm, don't know what the fuss is about. its SW9 Brixton where all the rich Nom Doms hang out :lol:

Also its "fully furnished!" ( office chair, prison bed and junk shop dining table).

If this is a recent conversion/build then it's in open breach of building regs... must have 2 doors between toilet and kitchen.

Anyone care to report them?

I thought so , but it just requires a single door and some ventilation rules.

hardlyworking.jpg

Edited by maxwell

The folding bed, ancient tellie and random office chair really add to the ambience!

Hard to decide if it's furnished or if someone is just storing some old furniture there.

Where is the sofa - they're obviously thinking that someone renting this is not likely to have any mates.

Right beside the TV. Are you blind ? :lol:

Seriously though, there is insatiable demand for small properties in the South East, especially in London. I can't say if this place is under or overpriced, but generally letting agents will get the price they advertise.

When I lived in London five years ago I had to pay 300-400pcm just for a small room in someone's house, and that was in Zone 3. I'd have loved to have had my own place, no matter how small. :ph34r:

Seriously though, there is insatiable demand for small properties in the South East, especially in London. I can't say if this place is under or overpriced, but generally letting agents will get the price they advertise.

When I lived in London five years ago I had to pay 300-400pcm just for a small room in someone's house, and that was in Zone 3. I'd have loved to have had my own place, no matter how small. :ph34r:

This is one of the reasons behind HPI in London, stupid rent...