House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Its Now Official, This H P C Is Worse Than The Great Crash Of '89 - '96

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtm...5/cnciti105.xml

'More capital needed to rescue Citigroup'
By David Litterick
Last Updated: 1:30am GMT 05/03/2008
Citigroup shares fell to their lowest level in almost a decade after the head of Gulf investment agency, Dubai International Capital, said the largest US bank would need to raise "a lot more money" from outside investors.
..../
As the economy falters and suffers the worst housing recession in a quarter of a century, US Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke yesterday urged lenders to forgive portions of mortgages held by homeowners at risk of defaulting. "Efforts by both government and private-sector entities to reduce unnecessary foreclosures are helping, but more can, and should, be done," Mr Bernanke said. "Principal reductions that restore some equity for the homeowner may be a relatively more effective means of avoiding delinquency and foreclosure."

We shall no doubt see Gordon's poodle, U-turn Ali, suggesting similar things as soon as the crash picks up more speed here.

Shocking news.

Edited by Realistbear

Guest xeouialp
This H P C Is Worse Than The Great Crash Of '89 - '96

Oh. He means in America.

Is there no end to his drama?

As the lenders survey the carnage of their own making, perhaps they will remember a formula devised by our forefathers:

Happiness = 3.5X

Oh. He means in America.

There will be an end to the drama but as of today I think its Act 2 in the US and somewhere in the first half of Act 1 in the UK. The drama will probably have 4 Acts.

The Great House Price Crash

A dramatic prodction portraying the tragic end of a miracle economy

Starring Gordon Brown and co-starring Alan Greenspan, Benjamin Bernanke, Mervyn King, Jean-Claude Trichet with a cast of thousands in support.

Act 1: The beginning of MoM house price drops.

Act 2: Yoy negative, collateral damage felt throughout the economy

Act 3: Steep declines, widespread unemployment, VIs out of denial

Act 4: The first signs of bottoming toward a slow recovery.

Guest xeouialp
There will be an end to the drama but as of today I think its Act 2 in the US and somewhere in the first half of Act 1 in the UK. The drama will probably have 4 Acts.

Starring Gordon Brown and co-starring Alan Greenspan, Benjamin Bernanke, Mervyn King, Jean-Claude Trichet with a cast of thousands in support.

Fine, fine... but what is a caledc? We should be told!

If this were Lord Of The Rings, then I reckon we are currently at "Drums In The Deep"

Oh. He means in America.

:lol:

He does occasionally have bursts of the "end of days" predictions to add to his list of hatchings. These will be followed by a few posts about how the world has gone mad. Then he'll calm down again. That's why I try to make a note of the funny ones.

:lol:

He does occasionally have bursts of the "end of days" predictions to add to his list of hatchings. These will be followed by a few posts about how the world has gone mad. Then he'll calm down again. That's why I try to make a note of the funny ones.

When you consider that we have had a bank run for the first time in centuries, a housing and commodity bubble the like of which has never been seen, the world's biggest bank without funding, a credit meltdown, oil at $104 and rising..... you could say things are a bit scary out there.

You have to be careful not to join the sheeple and become a frog in the kettle. Things are very bad in the economy--perhaps as bad as the period of the Great Depression.

When you consider that we have had a bank run for the first time in centuries, a housing and commodity bubble the like of which has never been seen, the world's biggest bank without funding, a credit meltdown, oil at $104 and rising..... you could say things are a bit scary out there.

You have to be careful not to join the sheeple and become a frog in the kettle. Things are very bad in the economy--perhaps as bad as the period of the Great Depression.

RB I'm with you all the way, except on commodities and inflation. You are a bit of a drama queen, but I still like your posts.

Oh purhlease not the green shoots of recovery again. The constant false signs that things were getting better only they were not.

Agreed. If it was Aliens I reckon we are at about the point where they install the sentry guns.

Heh Heh.

Isn't this just before the scene were those guns keep firing and firing, and then they run out of bullets...?

This is SO true. When I started visiting this site in 2005 none of us could have predicted the momentous events now taking place. All we wanted was a sensible little HP correction. Some days you get the sense you are sleepwalking through financial events of increasing seriousness.

Because our government is lying and denying, we have to rely on the rather short-termist press to sum things up - and this is haphazard. Sites like this are brilliant becuase they POOL the reality. Nobody who regularly visits this site can be in any doubt of what is going on now......but RB is absolutely right - beware of the boiled frogedness the government want to perpetuate. ;)

This is SO true. When I started visiting this site in 2005 none of us could have predicted the momentous events now taking place. All we wanted was a sensible little HP correction. Some days you get the sense you are sleepwalking through financial events of increasing seriousness.

Because our government is lying and denying, we have to rely on the rather short-termist press to sum things up - and this is haphazard. Sites like this are brilliant becuase they POOL the reality. Nobody who regularly visits this site can be in any doubt of what is going on now......but RB is absolutely right - beware of the boiled frogedness the government want to perpetuate. ;)

Just out of interest, what is the boiled frogedness you think the government wants to perpetuate ? I don't usually take financial advice from people who enjoy cumulative interest, but in this case I'll make an exception.

As the lenders survey the carnage of their own making, perhaps they will remember a formula devised by our forefathers:

Happiness = 3.5X

EXACTLY RIGHT. "3.5X" --- This simple & straightforward formula was deliberately flouted and manipulated by the Vested Interests - it was THROWN AWAY. IT IS THE ABSOLUTE KEY TO UNDERSTANDING THE WHOLE DISASTER WE ARE NOW SEEING.

Edited by eric pebble

Heh Heh.

Isn't this just before the scene were those guns keep firing and firing, and then they run out of bullets...?

Exactly. Even the big guns could only delay the problem. The problem being that most of the people would end up f*cked.

Agreed. If it was Aliens I reckon we are at about the point where they install the sentry guns.

Ah - that's the directors cut. In the original version there were no sentry guns to give warning which meant they didn't know they were coming...

I wonder which would more closely resemble the housing market... :lol:

Regards,

Q

Just out of interest, what is the boiled frogedness you think the government wants to perpetuate ? I don't usually take financial advice from people who enjoy cumulative interest, but in this case I'll make an exception.

Boiled Froggyness keeps the economy going, dont underestimate the chavs ability to buy tat and keep things ticking over...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtm...5/cnciti105.xml
'More capital needed to rescue Citigroup'
By David Litterick
Last Updated: 1:30am GMT 05/03/2008
Citigroup shares fell to their lowest level in almost a decade after the head of Gulf investment agency, Dubai International Capital, said the largest US bank would need to raise "a lot more money" from outside investors.
..../
As the economy falters and suffers the worst housing recession in a quarter of a century, US Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke yesterday urged lenders to forgive portions of mortgages held by homeowners at risk of defaulting. "Efforts by both government and private-sector entities to reduce unnecessary foreclosures are helping, but more can, and should, be done," Mr Bernanke said. "Principal reductions that restore some equity for the homeowner may be a relatively more effective means of avoiding delinquency and foreclosure."

We shall no doubt see Gordon's poodle, U-turn Ali, suggesting similar things as soon as the crash picks up more speed here.

Shocking news.

You are a crazy mutha, RB, but we here at HPC love you.

You will be right, of course, but – and try not to take this personally – the presentation of the message sometimes detracts from the credibility, if you see what I mean. We talk about spin on this site, and are as guilty as the next VI if you ask me. In that stakes, you are right up there with CML and MPC.

Still, keep it coming.

You are a crazy mutha, RB, but we here at HPC love you.

You will be right, of course, but – and try not to take this personally – the presentation of the message sometimes detracts from the credibility, if you see what I mean. We talk about spin on this site, and are as guilty as the next VI if you ask me. In that stakes, you are right up there with CML and MPC.

Still, keep it coming.

No spin on this story--just a shocking cut and paste from a shocking article!

The best bit, directly quoted, unspun and shockingly accurate: "the worst housing recession in a quarter of a century"

And they are talking from today's perspective. Why--this party is only just getting started!

When its all over and done house prices in this country will be affordable and reflective of people's ability to pay for them out of their honest earned wages. Thats about a 70% drop I think.

There will also be one EA per large town instead of 1 every other shop.

Edited by Realistbear