House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fiddlethefigures

Why Is The Gold Thread Locked

Well my opinion is **** gold!

People dont come here to invest in stuff they are bothered about house prices

And I'll bet a lot of people who cant afford a house dont want to hear people harping on about gold or str funds they just want a house at a decent price.

Well my opinion is **** gold!

People dont come here to invest in stuff they are bothered about house prices

And I'll bet a lot of people who cant afford a house dont want to hear people harping on about gold or str funds they just want a house at a decent price.

Anyone who thinks that house prices can be analysed in isolation deserves to be trapped in negative equity indefinitely.

The value of HPC is that it DOESN'T restrict itself to ONLY house prices, but instead explores the wider financial system that caused HPI and that is causing the current HPC. Understanding HOW the economy works and WHY policy decisions etc have an effect on house prices is far more important imo than knowing that house prices can go up and down - it is that kind of poverty of information and understanding that has trapped, and continues to trap ignorant property purchasers.

The gold thread was just one of many that explored the wider markets and global financial system and contributed to the whole picture, of which house prices is just a small part. I would like to see it back on the main discussion forum where it rightly belongs.

Will the advertisers of this site be happy with a popular thread with lots of information about gold etc being moved and then locked?

Why because a moderator washes is hands of it ???????????????????????

PPT? :ph34r::lol:

Looks to me as an outsider to be a combination of "toys out of the pram" mentality on the part of some gold rampers and pointless fussyness on the part of the mods. Mods stick gold in metals thread, gold lovers get annoyed and post in annoyance, mods react to the reaction blah blah...the story of every escalation in history.

Some subjects get repeated over and over, it's damn foolish imo to not let them have an outlet on the main page. Global warming, government finance, bank troubles, gold, stock markets.....etc etc will keep on getting mentioned so why fight it?

Anyone who thinks that house prices can be analysed in isolation deserves to be trapped in negative equity indefinitely.

The value of HPC is that it DOESN'T restrict itself to ONLY house prices, but instead explores the wider financial system that caused HPI and that is causing the current HPC. Understanding HOW the economy works and WHY policy decisions etc have an effect on house prices is far more important imo than knowing that house prices can go up and down - it is that kind of poverty of information and understanding that has trapped, and continues to trap ignorant property purchasers.

The gold thread was just one of many that explored the wider markets and global financial system and contributed to the whole picture, of which house prices is just a small part. I would like to see it back on the main discussion forum where it rightly belongs.

I agree bring back the gold thread , because of the information it presents. If i remember right it was moved before but was brought back because people requested it to be.

Surely INFORMATION is what this forum is about. I have been on this site 3 1/2 years and thats what this forum is about healthy debate backed by valuable info.