House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Converted Lurker

Err ... Like Er Where's The Gold Thread Gone?

worse - it's been 'locked' in the metals forum.

pffttt! Locked! WTF why? <_< The 'metals forum', jeez, I've only ever posted in the overseas one and that's only 'cos a post of mine got moved there and I kinda liked it in there. Couple of beauts and mentalists, but it's an educashun.

pffttt! Locked! WTF why? <_< The 'metals forum', jeez, I've only ever posted in the overseas one and that's only 'cos a post of mine got moved there and I kinda liked it in there. Couple of beauts and mentalists, but it's an educashun.

Where have you been, there's been a massive hoo ha about it, pluto and Goldfinger have left HPC over it.

:lol: having a life :unsure: No shit, they've spewed it? fukc that's a shame HPC, legends both of 'em :(

Yep, moderators are zero tolerance gold threads on main forum now, foooooooked

thinking about bombing out myself, only visiting occasionally to get some hpc news, HPC not the same without that gold thread.

worse - it's been 'locked' in the metals forum.

I thought the safest way to keep your gold was under lock and key,

maybe that's why its been locked away. :lol:

Seriously though, I don't have any of the shiny yellow stuff, but I always read the gold thread.

I think it should be on the main forum along with the other "Important Topics"

Guest Charlie The Tramp
booh! wouldn't have happened in Charlie's day ;)

Oh yes it would. :D

TBH when Webmaster created the new Metal`s Forum and moved the Gold thread there I totally agreed with it.

What happened next at that time a minority of posters on that thread spit their dummies out gave out all sorts of threats, in good faith The_Oldie with a possible risk of Webmaster`s annoyance :D moved it back to placate them. From this point on these same posters believed they had control and their power now established.

From mid 2006 up to the time I relinquished my Moderator`s duties The_Oldie and I alone fought continuously to prevent the forum being trashed, and without blowing our own trumpets I can assure you without our diligence there would not be a forum as successful as it is today. Maybe in some cases we got it wrong and in some instances may have wrongly moderated but IMO in the majority of moderating decisions we hope we got it right.

The new Moderators are doing a great job and learning very quickly how to moderate a very controversial forum.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my partnership with The_Oldie on this Forum the past two and a half years and the attacks against him are totally unacceptable to me.

The_Oldie old mate you are da man. :D

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Wow....the chilling effects of a D notice.

I believe you have lost the plot, what next MI5 raiding Fubra`s Offices, Webmaster and the Moderators imprisoned in the Tower of London or flown off to Guantanamo Bay, the mind boggles.

Ah, the fantasies of youth. :rolleyes:

I believe you have lost the plot, what next MI5 raiding Fubra`s Offices, Webmaster and the Moderators imprisoned in the Tower of London or flown off to Guantanamo Bay, the mind boggles.

Ah, the fantasies of youth. :rolleyes:

No, rendition and water boarding. They will want to know where we have all hidden our gold. ;)

Guest Charlie The Tramp
No, rendition and water boarding. They will want to know where we have all hidden our gold. ;)

They probably know already, confidentiality does not apply to the all powerful.

What you had for breakfast this morning has already been logged. ;)