House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

" Get Set For Mortgage Shock, Says Watchdog "

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/displa...;pNodeId=250191

GET SET FOR MORTGAGE SHOCK, SAYS WATCHDOG
A high-profile £2m advertising campaign warning homeowners about big hikes in their mortgage bills has been launched by the City watchdog.
Amid growing fears for the property market, the Financial Services Authority says up to one in five could struggle with their mortgage in the next 12 months ? but
many have made no plans to cope with the problem

The sheeple have no idea what is about to hit them. The HPC will gather momentum very soon forcing the VIs to add shed loads of seasoning and adjustments to their HPI data.

Guest Steve Cook
A high-profile £2m advertising campaign warning homeowners about big hikes in their mortgage bills has been launched by the City watchdog.
Amid growing fears for the property market, the Financial Services Authority says up to one in five could struggle with their mortgage in the next 12 months ? but

The sheeple have no idea what is about to hit them. The HPC will gather momentum very soon forcing the VIs to add shed loads of seasoning and adjustments to their HPI data.

This is, I believe, it RB. I really do think this is actually......"IT". The gathering momentum of panic will now be palpable on a weekly, if not daily basis....

Its actually terribly exciting........... :blink:

Steve

Edited by Steve Cook

This is, I believe, is it RB. I really do think this is actually......"IT". The gathering momentum of panic will now be palpable on a weekly, if not daily basis....

Its actually terribly exciting........... :blink:

Steve

I fully agree. IMO its over and done. Now all we have to do is predict by how much and by when.

Fear is everywhere according to the press and panic is next.

Amid growing fears for the property market, the Financial Services Authority says up to one in five could struggle with their mortgage in the next 12 months ? but many have made no plans to cope with the problem.

I'd say 50% of mortgage holders don't even understand there own mortgage :rolleyes: , the system wanted people to be financially ignorant , spending £2 million TRYING to educate them now , is just p1ssing in the wind imo.

I fully agree. IMO its over and done. Now all we have to do is predict by how much and by when.

Fear is everywhere according to the press and panic is next.

Panic will be in the spring when prices hit YOY negative and the spring bounce never appears...no amount of VI 'seasoning' will disguise the bleak reality facing the future of those who placed their hopes in eternal house price inflation, however, for those who have been waiting to be able to afford their own home rather than rely on some amateur BTL bint of a landlady, it will feel like the first buds are beginning to open after a long hard winter of debt fueled greed.

Its Gordon's way of covering his ****. That way, when it all comes tumbling down, he can be seen to have at least warned people but they went ahead and did it anyway.

Can we read this as a A high-profile £2m advertising campaign warning of the imminent house price crash.

Yes. Some idiot on here was trying to get us to organize some sort of campaign. Nice of Gordon to save us both the time, trouble and (more importantly) cash.

Perhaps the people I work with are totally unrepresentative, but I don't know any colleagues who are unaware what a reset is or who don't have a reasonable idea how much their monthly payments will rise. However, knowing it's on the way and dealing with it are of course 2 separate things - and on that point, I do wonder exactly what "plans to cope with the problem" the FSA envisages - borrowers asking their boss for a rise perhaps? Or looking round for the myriad of lenders offering 100% LTV to replace the one they've already got? Giving up the coke habit? Putting the red light at an upstairs window of an evening?

Perhaps the FSA should provide some concrete suggestions for the hapless ignorant, after all, they've been a significant part of the HP problem (or at least doing F-all to prevent it). Certainly some interesting times ahead... ;)

Can we read this as a A high-profile £2m advertising campaign warning of the imminent house price crash.

Sounds like theres some money to be made there. I wonder if they need a logo?

turd.png

End of April 2007, Krakow Poland....

I am watching TV listening to some economist on bloomberg sprouting nonsense about the amount of liquidity in the system being of no concern, the US experiencing a minor blip in the housing market and that this minor slump would not have any affect on the UK which continued to show sound fundamentals and was poised for further prosperity.

The smug tw@t then went on to say how core fiscal policy had changed forever, and that levels of debt were of no concern to markets or core stability. He even looked at the interviewer as if he was nuts for asking him such a question. I remember sitting there feeling some despair and wretchedness, I wondered how I could be so wrong, wondered why my parents had brought me up to believe that you spent only what you could afford and not to get yourself into debt?

I questioned myself and I questioned RB's posts (was he indeed a deluded nutter with a RED MARKER) which made random appearance on various rants?

But sanity soon prevailed and I must say I feel vindicated, relieved and very grateful for fantastic parents (who taught me the value of money) and also to this site (for keeping me sane throughout the madness all around me) and of course to RB for his enthusiasm, endless posts and eccentricity.

Cheers fellow HPCer's I feel our time has come, I cannot see what can stop this cascade now, I only pray we do not descend into depression :blink:

I'd say 50% of mortgage holders don't even understand there own mortgage :rolleyes: , the system wanted people to be financially ignorant , spending £2 million TRYING to educate them now , is just p1ssing in the wind imo.

I would also say the majority don't know what rate they are paying...and some don't even know how much they owe. :o

The FSA appear to be having a week of preparing us for the worse - between this mortgage heads up and last night's foreign banks safety warning I can't help but think they know something that we aren't supposed to know... and 12 months from now when civilisation ends they can tell us all that they told us so.

Does this then mean the HPC is now "100% Guaranteed!"? MUHAHAHAHAHAHA stlye{CGNOA}/style

It's these sort of posts that had me lurking for a long time and making HPC a frequent call for watching RB/CG/[various uber bulls] slugging it out.

C'mon "Veterans" we need a good discussion.

One Show - BBC1 now - Mortgage reset examples.

Some poor couple in a 2 bed terrace with 140k mortgage 825 to 1036. :unsure:

Dom is throwing it all in. Inflation, wage stagnation, HP's falling.

Now wondering whether to come "OFF THE LADDER". Oh DEAR! :o

Who said life would be easy, there is light at the end of the tunnel if you can cut back and persevere, a bit of money management never did anyone any harm.

Out of everything bad, comes something good. ;)

Anyone reseting with an IO mortgage is going to be toast very quickly - that's the end of BTL and mass dumping of properties this year. The auction houses are going to be flooded with ex-rental properties over the coming year.

It was all built on sand....

Edited by eric pebble

that's the end of BTL and mass dumping of properties this year.

Yet just 12 months ago many of these amateur BTLers would be sitting in poncy wine bars or outside crappy coffee shops boasting and telling anyone that wanted to listen to them how clever they were in getting into BTL , how there building their "portfolio's" , how the builder gave them a great discount { :lol: } on there new build apartment , but that was 12 months ago , and the greed and stupidity has turnend to anxiety and fear , soon this will turn to PANIC ....bring it on B)

Yet just 12 months ago many of these amateur BTLers would be sitting in poncy wine bars or outside crappy coffee shops boasting and telling anyone that wanted to listen to them how clever they were in getting into BTL , how there building their "portfolio's" , how the builder gave them a great discount { :lol: } on there new build apartment , but that was 12 months ago , and the greed and stupidity has turnend to anxiety and fear , soon this will turn to PANIC ....bring it on B)

:P

Why is it that the word "portfolio" when linked to levels of unimaginable debt is so amusing?

Perhaps the people I work with are totally unrepresentative, but I don't know any colleagues who are unaware what a reset is or who don't have a reasonable idea how much their monthly payments will rise. However, knowing it's on the way and dealing with it are of course 2 separate things - and on that point, I do wonder exactly what "plans to cope with the problem" the FSA envisages - borrowers asking their boss for a rise perhaps? Or looking round for the myriad of lenders offering 100% LTV to replace the one they've already got? Giving up the coke habit? Putting the red light at an upstairs window of an evening?

Perhaps the FSA should provide some concrete suggestions for the hapless ignorant, after all, they've been a significant part of the HP problem (or at least doing F-all to prevent it). Certainly some interesting times ahead... ;)

The FSA will be funding new evening classes up and down the country. These will include 'how to darn your socks', 'how to hand clothes down from one child to another', 'how to make do with cheap meat, 'how to regard chicken as a special Christmas treat' etc ... i.e. a visit to my childhood.

:P

Why is it that the word "portfolio" when linked to levels of unimaginable debt is so amusing?

What's always tickled me is the way they all think they're so CLEVER!

That they were so clever for getting a 15% discount from the builder to create INSTANT EQUITY! Like the builder is incredibly thick and stupid and is happy to sell at a discount to clever old them. And how/why are they so clever? Because they are clever enough to have access to credit and the poor old builder doesn't! If the builder had a brain he'd just mortgage the properties himself, rent them out for 5 years and double his money.

Gormless f*ckwits the lot of them - well the johny come latelys anyway. The ones who got in early seem to have made a mint.

Come off the ladder? Fall off the ladder. Pushed off the ladder. Climbed down the ladder.

Tricky b@stards ladders.

Come off the ladder? Fall off the ladder. Pushed off the ladder. Climbed down the ladder.

Tricky b@stards ladders.

Just make sure you NEVER walk under a ladder. That's real bad.