House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Its time to buy

Where Can You Find A Rent Of £25 Per Annum?

Isle of Scilly

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-198...=1&tr_t=buy

37769_8385_IMG_00_0000.jpg

TENURE:

The Isles of Scilly have been part of the Duchy of Cornwall since the 14th Century. Hillcrest was granted a lease of “24 perches of land on the Island of Bryher, one of the Isles of Scilly”, on the 25th December 1962 for a term of sixty years at a current rent of £25 per annum

And no - houses arent cheap here - a houseprices.co.uk on TR23 reveals houses about £500K, despite a population of 2,100.

Demand and supply!

scilly_map.gif

There are still some strange charitable trusts around- in an estate agents in Blandford Forum some years back there was a very sweet little cottage advertised at about £50pcm: restricted to single daughters of C of E clergymen! God knows how they got round the various Equal Ops legislation....

Isle of Scilly

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-198...=1&tr_t=buy

37769_8385_IMG_00_0000.jpg

TENURE:

The Isles of Scilly have been part of the Duchy of Cornwall since the 14th Century. Hillcrest was granted a lease of “24 perches of land on the Island of Bryher, one of the Isles of Scilly”, on the 25th December 1962 for a term of sixty years at a current rent of £25 per annum

And no - houses arent cheap here - a houseprices.co.uk on TR23 reveals houses about £500K, despite a population of 2,100.

Demand and supply!

scilly_map.gif

Not sure if you are joking or if there is some strange irony that I'm missing here but isn't this refering to the lease land rent and not the amount the property is rented out for.

Demand certainly outstrips supply in the Scillies.

I'd love to live there.

My prediction has been that the Islands will after the crash better than anywhere else (including the 'obviously immune' London (immune my foot)). There will always be someone with a lot of money who wants to live there. I'm annoyed about being priced out of my area. God knows how the young FTB's on the Islands feel about the prices there.

I watched a program once where a guy paid over the odds for land as it was the only way he could get a house for him and his wife on St Mary's (The main Island).