House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AvidFan

Central Bank Of Canada Just Cut The Overnight Rate By 0.5%

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/fixed-dates/...ate_040308.html

All we need now is the ECB to cut this week and we'll see the USD index recover. The G7 have recently been negotiating on how to calm the markets - maybe this is their first move.

Even a .25% cut in the yield on the Euro would cause the USD to strengthen in relative terms. This could spark the first wave of a commodity sell-off from historic highs and a recovery in the capital markets.

So much noise is coming out of Europe now regarding the strength of their currency. BMW may lay off another 6000 workers if the Euro continues to appreciate, Siemens saying the strong Euro makes their business difficult, Airbus shifting production to the states...

This week we saw the US award EADS the contract for miltary refuelling aircraft in preference to Boeing. You can just imagine the talk around the table at the G7 meeting:

Paulson: Well, if you just lowered the interest rate in the Eurozone, the dollar would recover and we'd stop speculation in the commodity markets.

Trichet: What's it worth mate?

Paulson: Will $20 billion in US military contracts do you? That should make up for Airbus's defection to the states shouldn't it? Sorry about that by the way...

Comment on Gloomberg was to the effect that a highly valued currency wreaks havoc on their exports.

In a recessionary down cyle price becomes more important.

http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/fixed-dates/...ate_040308.html

All we need now is the ECB to cut this week and we'll see the USD index recover.

I believe the $ has fallen enough now. I believe this week we will see it start a rise. My timing has ben wrong before however this is my view now. I have held the view that the $ would rise short term and I stick to that.

This is partial confimation.

I do think Tricky Trichet will cut.

$ will rise and gold etc will fall back.

Starts by Spring and ends by mid-late summer. Then we start the gold rise all over again.

On verra.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I believe the $ has fallen enough now. I believe this week we will see it start a rise. My timing has ben wrong before however this is my view now. I have held the view that the $ would rise short term and I stick to that.

This is partial confimation.

I do think Tricky Trichet will cut.

$ will rise and gold etc will fall back.

Starts by Spring and ends by mid-late summer. Then we start the gold rise all over again.

On verra.

Is this the impartial £150/hr advice, the commission based advice or the vested interest in gold advice?