House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bndh

January Sales In London As % Of Listings

Hi

I have just had a look at the number of properties completing sales (Land Registry) in E8 during January. And only 7 properties have sold. When I look at December, 24 have been completed, November had 28, October had 46.

Sales are definatly dropping very fast. How did we go from 46 sales completed in October to 7 sales completed in Jan.

Seeing that 242 properties are currently listed for sale, I wonder how long will it take for the current listed stock to be sold.

To look at what has been happening in your area go to http://www.houseprices.co.uk/ and type in the first part of the post code you want to investigate.

Hi

I have just had a look at the number of properties completing sales (Land Registry) in E8 during January. And only 7 properties have sold. When I look at December, 24 have been completed, November had 28, October had 46.

Sales are definatly dropping very fast. How did we go from 46 sales completed in October to 7 sales completed in Jan.

Seeing that 242 properties are currently listed for sale, I wonder how long will it take for the current listed stock to be sold.

To look at what has been happening in your area go to http://www.houseprices.co.uk/ and type in the first part of the post code you want to investigate.

I noticed this round our way, but the problem with the LR stats is that it takes a long time for some data to make it onto the LR and so it always looks as though the most recent month is a lot lower than the others. Unfortunately you may need to wait 4-6 months to get the final accurate figure.

We moved in October and our old house sale still isn't there...

I noticed this round our way, but the problem with the LR stats is that it takes a long time for some data to make it onto the LR and so it always looks as though the most recent month is a lot lower than the others. Unfortunately you may need to wait 4-6 months to get the final accurate figure.

We moved in October and our old house sale still isn't there...

I think thats the case, for example in my area (SE9) there are only 31 reported for Jan 2008, however thats only up to 25th Jan. The other monthly figures were....

Jan 2008 : 31

Dec 2007 : 57

Nov 2007 : 87

Oct 2007 : 92