House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dubai

Tata (no, Not The Indian Conglomerate... Bye Bye)

I've "spoiled" a few threads tonight. I'm trying to highlight the total hypocrisy of the moderator who moved the Gold thread, the longest running, and perhaps most interesting, thread on this forum.

It's not our website. We don't pay to come here. We have no rights.

But the site is making money for somebody, and the site is only as good as it's posters.... so we contribute. For free.

A respected member, GoldFinger, had his "farewell" post moved today, with no link.

The "farewell" post move was totally disrespectful. GF was / is a significant and level headed poster. The fact that they moved his farewell without providing a link is enough to demonstrate that some jerk of a middle manager has been given new authority on this forum. And S/He hasn't got a f*cking clue. That's not the way things are done, dipsh1t.

I am not going to bother coming back here either. Nobody will give a toss that I've gone... I'm a "filler". But somebody on here should give a monkeys that GF has gone.

The Gold Thread was moved before. After a few complaints it was brought back. Seems like the new "brain" has other ideas.

Oh well, change is inevitable.

Take care, and watch those house prices tumble (done deal now).

Not that my opinion counts much.... but I did enjoy the Gold thread in this main section. Was easy and clear when new posts had been made and thus to follow recent discussion. Now it's in the metals forum I could easily seem myself getting lazy and overlook the thread for a while + it seems miss out on informed and lively discussion with members leaving.

It's only a single thread... not much to get worked up about that it's in the "wrong section". I personally find the gold price relevant to house prices and the state of the economy. Anyway GF & Dubai.... hope you get your $1000+ breakthrough this year.

That said, I usually prefer things set out cleanly and done by the book, so sort of understand mods decision (although that thread could have been moved ages ago it seems to save problems), but hope they might reconsider with that thread.

A very simple fix would be to move the subforums below "The main discussion forum on house prices " that way lots of people would see the sub forums at the top of the page while reading the main one, and new posts show up the same. It makes it a lot easier than moving back up the tree structure and back down again.

Come back, come back. There's a thread on the main page about house prices...well mortgage fears actually...suppose that should be in market psychology sub really.

Do reconsider though.

Damo

Personally, I agree with shunting that bloody Gold thread off into the sub-forums where it always belonged. I've always viewed it as a big dog turd that had to be stepped over in the search for something interesting.

I certainly do not agree with the treatment of Goldfinger, however. He has always been one of the more intellegent and interesting posters here, and deserves more respect.

Personally, I agree with shunting that bloody Gold thread off into the sub-forums where it always belonged. I've always viewed it as a big dog turd that had to be stepped over in the search for something interesting.

I certainly do not agree with the treatment of Goldfinger, however. He has always been one of the more intellegent and interesting posters here, and deserves more respect.

Just start a metals thread, It will percentagely do better than gold. Gold is all your eggs in one basket.

How can you call the gold thread a big turd when it was clearly the most popular thread on HPC? Even if you were not interested in it, it is not that hard to step over it .