House Price Crash Forum
Dubai

Mods, What's Going On?

When you shifted a topic before, you left a little link on the main forum, with the title and where you'd shifted it to. Very fair, very reasonable.

I notice today that a highly respected poster, Goldfinger, posted a "farewell" and you've shifted it.... not to off-topic, but, bizarrely Metals. But, for some reason, I can't see any link to direct interested viewers.

I know this is your site, and you can rightly do what you like. We're non-paying guests after all. But this apparent policy change ranks of high handed censorship. Maybe I'm talking rubbish and it's to do with my browser, in which case, apologies.

However, I'm sure you realise that it's "guests" like Goldfinger (and many others) that make this site as popular as it is. If it wasn't for their intelligent input, it would be a bunch of uninformed proles, like me, saying "I think house prices will fall" ad infinitum.... that'd be real interesting....

So, I think that you should at least post a link to GF's post.

When you shifted a topic before, you left a little link on the main forum, with the title and where you'd shifted it to. Very fair, very reasonable.

I notice today that a highly respected poster, Goldfinger, posted a "farewell" and you've shifted it.... not to off-topic, but, bizarrely Metals. But, for some reason, I can't see any link to direct interested viewers.

I know this is your site, and you can rightly do what you like. We're non-paying guests after all. But this apparent policy change ranks of high handed censorship. Maybe I'm talking rubbish and it's to do with my browser, in which case, apologies.

However, I'm sure you realise that it's "guests" like Goldfinger (and many others) that make this site as popular as it is. If it wasn't for their intelligent input, it would be a bunch of uninformed proles, like me, saying "I think house prices will fall" ad infinitum.... that'd be real interesting....

So, I think that you should at least post a link to GF's post.

very true, it was a plato that said you can make the same statement to 2 people and they can both come out with completely differing interpretations.

the difference is usually that one is more 'informed' or 'intelligent', the other is not as 'informed' or 'intelligent'.

it is the debate of both or a group that stimulates movement and growth in subject matter.

losing well informed posters is of massive detriment to the health of this discussion forum.

Edited by Impartial

Awwww, that's awful. Goldfinger has been one of the most distinctive posters on this forum since I discovered it. I may or may not agree with what he believes, but whenever I've been speed skimming down a thread, I've always stopped and read his posts. He put lots into this main forum; let's see his farewell in the same place.

My employer comes in for so much criticism on this site for alleged manipulation and censorship. Hmmmm.

Edited by W12

he should stay like many others. most people think that gold currency etc... dont relate to house prices in fact they do. This is how a forum gets killed.

Edited by crash2006

Awwww, that's awful. Goldfinger has been one of the most distinctive posters on this forum since I discovered it. I may or may not agree with what he believes, but whenever I've been speed skimming down a thread, I've always stopped and read his posts. He put lots into this main forum; let's see his farewell in the same place.

My employer comes in for so much criticism on this site for alleged manipulation and censorship. Hmmmm.

W12... Shepherds Bush.

Well guess what, the BBC have called HPC out for manipulation and censorship.

Live. In. Shame.

W12... Shepherds Bush.

Well guess what, the BBC have called HPC out for manipulation and censorship.

Live. In. Shame.

For f***s sake, I'm backing Goldfinger's right to post a farewell in this forum. And I'm posting as a private individual. I may work for the BBC, but I am NOT the BBC.

There often seems to be a lack of total freedom of speech on HPC, and Goldfinger's farewell being moved to the "metals" - metals!!! - forum smacks of a site run by people who can't bear constructive criticism. Mods, please prove me wrong by bringing Goldfinger's thread back here.

For f***s sake, I'm backing Goldfinger's right to post a farewell in this forum. And I'm posting as a private individual. I may work for the BBC, but I am NOT the BBC.

There often seems to be a lack of total freedom of speech on HPC, and Goldfinger's farewell being moved to the "metals" - metals!!! - forum smacks of a site run by people who can't bear constructive criticism. Mods, please prove me wrong by bringing Goldfinger's thread back here.

Yes. Thanks for supporting him. Your comments are today correct.... HPC mods in the past have been level headed... I don't know what's happened.

I know.... it's a conspiracy!!! :blink:

Seconded.

Better still, bring back the Gold thread and hope that Goldfinger will hang around - he is one of the most interesting contributors to this site whether or not you agree with his opinions. And it wouldn't be much of a site if everyone agreed - there'd be nothing to debate. It's already becoming boring now that all the property bulls have turned into bears. At least let us continue to have the option to debate, on the main forum, whether gold will be the ultimate hedge against inflation or the next speculative bubble - it matters, especially to those who have STRd and want to protect the value of their STR fund.

Edited by Methinkshe

Are you involved in the marketing dept at BBC?

Guest Charlie The Tramp

What a load of old crap, are you an expert in how the Moderators think, you are way out of your league here. :rolleyes: