House Price Crash Forum
mbga9pgf

Warren Buffett Pulls Monoline Insurance Deal!

Telegraph

QUOTE BUFFETT THE BEAR in the Telegraph

Buffett waiting for shares to get "very cheap"
In a rare television interview, Mr Buffett insisted "from a common-sense standpoint right now, we're in a recession."
he said investors should not rule out a significant economic downturn

WAIT FOR IT, HERE IT COMES>>>>>>>

Mr Buffett also said his offer to bail out the monoline insurers was now off the table.

HE HAS JUST F*CKED THE AMERICAN ECONOMY!!!! SENTIMENT IS ABOUT TO GO THROUGH THE FLOOR!!!!

TURD-BROWN TUESDAY HERE WE COME!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by mbga9pgf

Warren was just pr*ck teasing them. I was nt sure at the time that it was a good move if he did buy - had we missed something? Well - now we know - we have nt.

I was thinking about this myself, has Warren been trading off this? would guess that would be massively bad in terms of insider trading; perhaps he was pissed off like the rest of us here with the US govt pretending that there was nothing wrong, so he went atomic on their asses!!!! :lol:

No better way than you are going to save the economy for them to reveal their cards then to find it was a sh*t hand..

I think it was possibly a real deal, it was just that the terms he offered were massively in his favour (as they would be!)

Warren was just pr*ck teasing them. I was nt sure at the time that it was a good move if he did buy - had we missed something? Well - now we know - we have nt.

LOL he was playing with their emotions, it's like going to a guy that bought portfolio of properties - in trouble and offering 80% discount ONLY on his prime properties.

silly really.

Telegraph

QUOTE BUFFETT THE BEAR in the Telegraph

WAIT FOR IT, HERE IT COMES>>>>>>>

HE HAS JUST F*CKED THE AMERICAN ECONOMY!!!! SENTIMENT IS ABOUT TO GO THROUGH THE FLOOR!!!!

TURD-BROWN TUESDAY HERE WE COME!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hmmm has this got anything to do with hpc or should it be moved to the economics forum?

Mr Buffett also said his offer to bail out the monoline insurers was now off the table.

He had offered to reinsure some $800bn of government-issued bonds underwritten by MBIA, Ambac and Financial Guaranty Insurance.

The deal would have provided a significant boost to the industry where it is feared insurers will not have the funds available to pay out of billions of dollars worth of claims on toxic investments.

However the insurers rejected the deal.

So he didn't pull it, they rejected it. As well they might seeing as he was essentially offering to cherry-pick the only good bits :lol:

Warren "finger" Buffett says America is in recession despite the GDP numbers not agreeing with him.

Well, I say the UK is in recession and has been pretty much since the year 2000 - and I've done the maths here.

Hmmm has this got anything to do with hpc or should it be moved to the economics forum?

Warren's 2007 newsletter had something to say about property prices. They are going to continue down and those that funded the madness will sink with them.

He says nothing about gold though.