House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScaredEitherWay

Property Ladder, Now.

I am confused. Watching Property Ladder right now (More4)

Two young (mid-20s) dog sitters.

Bought a terraced Victorian house (wreck) in Streatham for £350k.

£40k to do it up

(Beeny reckons it would need £100k)

But HOW do 2 people who do dog sitting (looks like in their own house) for up to 10 dogs.... get to find/borrow £390k?

Edited by ScaredEitherWay

Self cert?

How much do you get for looking after dogs anyway?

£10 a day per dog?

10x10 = £100 a day x 5 days = £500 a week = £2000 per month?

Beeny's just told them it smells of doggy. A LOT.

I am just looking up how much dog sitters get.

How much do you get for looking after dogs anyway?

£10 a day per dog?

10x10 = £100 a day x 5 days = £500 a week = £2000 per month?

Ha, guess again mate. A friend of mines sister does this. most of her work is just getting the dog out for an hour during the day, four or five dogs at a time at £10 per dog, = £40-50 per hour, 6 rounds a day and it's pretty good money, still a blatent lie to buy though.

I've found varying amounts for London/areas, from £10-30/day. Blimey. But I suspect most are at the £10/day end.

So yes, £300/month per dog. But they won't have 10 all the time.

£3000/month. Call it £2500 with voids and holidays.

£30k. Or £15k a year each.

Ha, guess again mate. A friend of mines sister does this. most of her work is just getting the dog out for an hour during the day, four or five dogs at a time at £10 per dog, = £40-50 per hour, 6 rounds a day and it's pretty good money, still a blatent lie to buy though.

Really? Damn. I hate dogs. They scare me. And they poop and you have to scoop ewwww.

Really? Damn. I hate dogs. They scare me. And they poop and you have to scoop ewwww.

I know. How about a new product/market. Dog nappies. :lol:

Or how about genetically modified dogs that produce nicer poop

Edited by rover2000

Hairdressers, dog walkers, dog trimmers, etc, are now in the electrician, plumber league. All cash in hand also. Roger Bootle wrote about this in his book 'Money for Nothing' a few years ago. The mugs are going to Uni, getting huge student debt and then working in so-called professional white collar jobs - read snob factor - where every penny they earn goes through the banks and the tax system... then they come home and pay cash to the baby sitter, the gardener, the "Sorry darling, I don't take cheques - only cash" plumber, builder, hairdresser and dog walker!

So let the pathetic I-wanna-be-on-TV & I-wanna-be-a-propertee-tycoon feckless twits borrow £390K.

Can we visit them again in two years time? When they are living under the arches drinking brasso and there only interaction with dogs are the ones that wouldn't p!ss on them as they lie in the gutter.

As time goes on I have ever reducing sympathy for these people who insist on "Living the property dream". Its like the public information films that say "Don't play on the railways" or "Climb Pylons", when some scrote does and croakes its just Natural Selection winning through. Sorry, but evolution has deemed you too stoopid to survive.

"But what about the milk of human kindness, Mr B?" "Its stinks Baldrick, its gone off"

So let the pathetic I-wanna-be-on-TV & I-wanna-be-a-propertee-tycoon feckless twits borrow £390K.

I think the media digs these types up for shock value. If they were sane or heaven forbid sensible there would be no telly mileage in it. Hence Big Brother where they just hire a bunch of nutter/freaks to fight and argue and get people tuning in.

But this stuff was pretty tame. Yesterday there was a whole hour of telly devoted to a couple who wanted to "live the dream" of setting up their own airline, no experience, or capital required. They assumed someone would invest £32M in them, despite the fact their only income was £1k per month from graphic design!