House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thecrashingisles

Foxtons Tsunami On Rightmove

I've just counted over 4000 new listings today over 325k and most of them were Foxtons... ;) Are they trying to fiddle the Rightmove stats or just desperate to shift them?

We noticed other agents had taken properties off and then put them back onto rightmove, presumably to make it look like they weren't tired old properties that can't sell.

It isn't going to work though. That isn't the reason people didn't buy them.

Still it gives them something to do. :)

I've just counted over 4000 new listings today over 325k and most of them were Foxtons... ;) Are they trying to fiddle the Rightmove stats or just desperate to shift them?

New CGT rules next month, first working day of this month today, get 'em on to shift 'em as soon after 6th April (*prepares to stand corrected*) as possible?

New CGT rules next month, first working day of this month today, get 'em on to shift 'em as soon after 6th April (*prepares to stand corrected*) as possible?

No-one with an ounce of sense will move on the new CGT rules until they are actually LAW!

is this going to screw the right move figures for March then? massive increase in properties on the market added to Foxtons Balloon price strategy?

Yes it's very odd!

63 new flats alone in N8 in the last 24hours.

Why bombard now? Have they been saving them all up so that they can be sold after CGTrules changes in exactly a month's time.

I can see through them. Wow though, some fab flats coming on.

or their database got corrupted and they had to send out one of those embarrassing emails 'sorry we've lost all data changes from the last 2 weeks. Please update your systems accordingly.'

Not suggesting they did, but...

I have noticed a lot of property being recently relisted on Rightmove in Oxfordshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire.

Not sure why that is. I wonder if there is some sort of time limit imposed by Rightmove on how long a house can stay listed before a repeat relisting fee is required? Any one know?

Simple explanation they weren't on Rightmove before.

That. I get the impression they've been involved in some bitter and protracted listing fee negotiations for a while.

That. I get the impression they've been involved in some bitter and protracted listing fee negotiations for a while.

Isn't great news that they've reached a resolution just in time for all our technology tools to expose the price cuts?