House Price Crash Forum
Fudge

Uk Manufacturers Put Up Prices

Don't we import all the bread from poland?

only the bakers

the wheat comes from canada

the bread ate to poles

delivered by estonians

this country realy sucks

should i stay to right it or bale out like the others

only the bakers

the wheat comes from canada

the bread ate to poles

delivered by estonians

this country realy sucks

should i stay to right it or bale out like the others

Bale mate the liberal metropolitan elite have taken over. Me, I really want New Zealand but I want to get myself in a position where I earn over 40K a year so I get a good wage on the transfer.

i have a company which sells into uk and imports from europe - ok its not manufacturing but - im having to put up prices to protect margins given the euros climb. i know my competitors are doing the same. euro countries are beginning to hurt and its going to continue for them until the german hawks back down

My friend is a designer of up market gear for the likes of John Lewis etc and he gets all his stuff made in China (apparently you can get high quality goods made there). Anyway, I was down the pub with him last night and he said his suppliers had put their prices up 60% since Christmas!!! Some of this was due to transport costs, some raw materials, but a significant proportion due to labour. The buyers in the UK still saw it as profitable, but their margins would be significantly reduced. As the Chinese wise up to just how much Western companies are making out them, prices will rise further. My mate said the next stop was Vietnam, but where after that...not Africa surely, maybe South America. Anyway, prices are only going to go up up up of the stuff that has suppressed prices for the past decade. House prices down, other stuff up, including wages.

This is not an issue. Only iPods and gold plated bidets form the UK inflation figures now.

Gold-plated bidets are going to the moon!