House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Uriah Heap

Srm Global Preparing To Sue Over Northern Rock

This is going to be world's funniest court case if it ever gets that far!

I think I'll actually take some time off and try and sit in the public gallery to watch their lawyer trying to argue that the business was wortth anything at the time of nationalisation......

I read they think 400p per share represents fair value at the time of nationalisation. The shares were 90p when they were suspended so how is the 400p estimated?

They were only worth anything at all because of the UK taxpayer. What a bizarre situation.

In fact, I'm going to picket the court entrance with a placard saying "return my wasted £2,500* taxes first".

*or whateve the bloody figure is by then.

What a piece of nonsense. If and when a company fails, the shares become worthless. This is what has happened. I think this is just posturing on behalf of Srm and others and I cannot believe this will ever come to court.

I'm really interested to see whether they go ahead with this. Apart from the irony of a bunch of free market fundamentalists arguing that the market price is not the market price, I think this will be a complete public relations disaster for the hedge fund industry. Effectively suing the tax-payer for not giving them a return on their punt!

Joe public doesn't really care much about hedge funds, he will when the Daily Mail tells him his tax is going up because of them!

I think I'll actually take some time off and try and sit in the public gallery to watch their lawyer trying to argue that the business was wortth anything at the time of nationalisation......

Can I come with? We can perch on Darling's eyebrows like Statler and Waldorf.

"There's nothing like a good court case..."

"... and that's nothing like a good court case"

I read they think 400p per share represents fair value at the time of nationalisation. The shares were 90p when they were suspended so how is the 400p estimated?

The shareholders in the Question Time audience a couple of weeks back were saying they should receive the average price of the shares over the last five years. :lol:

I suppose these morons can be found outside St James's Park at the weekends touting Newcastle United tickets to last weekend's match at half price.

What a piece of nonsense. If and when a company fails, the shares become worthless. This is what has happened. I think this is just posturing on behalf of Srm and others and I cannot believe this will ever come to court.

Trouble is the govt. left just enough doubt by not letting it run its course. If you just wade in and take something over at no cost, that does not belong to you, you should know that there will be enough shareholders who will make a claim, however ridiculous it might be.