House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
qska

"do Not Use" In A Flat For Sale?

I was browsing RightMove and I saw this thing:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-191..._showcase=false

Property Bee says: Price changed: from '£169,950' to '£159,950', so I thought "still expensive, but now much better" and I looked at the pictures... And have a look for yourself - did you see anything like that tape all over the bathroom saying "DO NOT USE"????

The description of the offer is a bit vague too ;>

Property Bee says: Price changed: from '£169,950' to '£159,950', so I thought "still expensive, but now much better" and I looked at the pictures... And have a look for yourself - did you see anything like that tape all over the bathroom saying "DO NOT USE"????

Its probably a repossession - the companies put that tape on as all the services are disconnected

And have a look for yourself - did you see anything like that tape all over the bathroom saying "DO NOT USE"????

I think it's common in new builds. They're to tell the builders not to use the new bathrooms in the flats they're building but to use the toilets allocated to them. :)

Did see something like that in a house we viewed once, it was a relocation company that took over the house to sell and disconnected everything.

Normal on a brand new flat that hasn't been plumbed in or the water is turned off...

....or you don't want tradesmen dropping the kids off at the pool in your "luxury executive apartment" before you arrive to deflower the bog.

ST

If you look very closely you see it really says 'Do not use after midnight'.

as in "because the walls are so thin, the neighbours will complain?" :blink:

wow Virgin Bog. Its a selling point - be the first person in the entire universe ever to bless it when you move in.

Feng shui believes that what goes on in the house before it's yours is very important. There was an entire town they built (english posh style I think) where no one was going to move in yet as it would take away the developer premium of the houses being brand new