House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Nu Labour Announce A Nu Government Department

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...Zg&refer=uk

U.K. to Set Up Body to Dispense Financial Advice to Households

By Gonzalo Vina
March 3 (Bloomberg) -- Treasury Minister Yvette Cooper will set up an agency to give free financial advice, in an effort to save U.K. households 300 million pounds ($596 million) a year.
The department will advise people on state benefits and extend help in managing debt, saving for retirement and buying household insurance. The plan will cost 12 million pounds to start up, the Treasury said.

They created the miracle debt-ridden culture and NOW they want to advise people how NOT to get involved in it? :blink:

By Gonzalo Vina
March 3 (Bloomberg) -- Treasury Minister Yvette Cooper will set up an agency to give free financial advice, in an effort to save U.K. households 300 million pounds ($596 million) a year.
The department will advise people on state benefits and extend help in managing debt, saving for retirement and buying household insurance. The plan will cost 12 million pounds to start up, the Treasury said.

They created the miracle debt-ridden culture and NOW they want to advise people how NOT to get involved in it? :blink:

RB,

Wondering if you could help.

Being the Robin Hood kinda guy i'am or in other words a crook to everyone else in society, i used to park my car in an NCP car park and got tickets left right and centre all the time. They have all of a sudden sent me through a huge amount of letters demanding £85 per unpaid ticket. At the moment they have sent 30 but im guessing a lot more are to follow? Is their anything i can do? I cannot afford to pay the amount and thats not to mention the more coming my way i assume!!!

Am i paddling down **** creek without a paddle or is their some sort of agreement i can come up with to settle the matter at a lesser amount?

Advice badly needed and appreciated

Cheers

By Gonzalo Vina

I wonder what the required skills for the new candidades would be:

-No CCJs?

-No Northern Rock?

What makes you suitable to advise people on their own finances? :lol:

RB,

Wondering if you could help.

Being the Robin Hood kinda guy i'am or in other words a crook to everyone else in society, i used to park my car in an NCP car park and got tickets left right and centre all the time. They have all of a sudden sent me through a huge amount of letters demanding £85 per unpaid ticket. At the moment they have sent 30 but im guessing a lot more are to follow? Is their anything i can do? I cannot afford to pay the amount and thats not to mention the more coming my way i assume!!!

Am i paddling down **** creek without a paddle or is their some sort of agreement i can come up with to settle the matter at a lesser amount?

Advice badly needed and appreciated

Cheers

CAN ANYONE HELP??

Cheers

Dear Ms Cooper

During your tenure as Housing Minister, you created the Home Information Pack, and from this the new profession of Home Inspector.

I was one of many thousands who paid to train on an approved course (in my case the RICS). Your U turn on home condition reports in July 2006 effectively ended my career and caused some hardship, both financially and personally.

I would like therefore to put myself forward as a candidate for this next scheme, and should that also fail, the scheme after that, and so on...

I enclose invoice for the RICS training, I know you wont pay it - why don't you put in the downstairs loo? Just a reminder of where you are spending money that isn't yours.

I wish you every success in the new scheme. Let's hops this one works!

JT

It's a wonder they don't have a scheme to advise about all the schemes and a scheme to let you know how to get on a scheme or a scheme of a scheme relevant to your situation. Training schemes for schemes should also be available.

:blink:

By Gonzalo Vina
The department will advise people on state benefits and extend help in managing debt,
saving for retirement and buying household insurance
. The plan will cost 12 million pounds to start up, the Treasury said.

In other words, a bunch of shills pushing the products of the financial industry at taxpayer expense.

Guest happy?
In other words, a bunch of shills pushing the products of the financial industry at taxpayer expense.

Isn't financial advice the remit of dozens of small charities and the CAB. On the face of it this new scheme seems to be duplicating work well-served by the voluntary sector. If there's more demand for financial advice I'm tempted to ask why not increase support to the voluntary sector - with the added advantage of putting money into local economies in well-established organisations.

Isn't financial advice the remit of dozens of small charities and the CAB. On the face of it this new scheme seems to be duplicating work well-served by the voluntary sector. If there's more demand for financial advice I'm tempted to ask why not increase support to the voluntary sector - with the added advantage of putting money into local economies in well-established organisations.

The voluntary sector say stuff like "let them prove it first" and "offer them a pound, if they don't accept it it's cancelled".

Anyone betting that this scheme says "pay in full, right now!" or "admit you owe it all and offer to pyay them over the next 45 years" "sell your kidneys!" etc instead?

It's a wonder they don't have a scheme to advise about all the schemes and a scheme to let you know how to get on a scheme or a scheme of a scheme relevant to your situation. Training schemes for schemes should also be available.

:blink:

What do you expect from scheming bast*rds?

CAN ANYONE HELP??

Cheers

I find paying for your parking helpful in avoiding tickets.

In the event of getting nicked, I find paying the ticket straight away rather than ignoring it and having the find double helpful.

Finally, if you insist on parking a car in the way you describe, it is important you are not the registered owner of the car.

Buy a cheap car for cash from someone and give them a false name and address. Park the car indiscriminately, run up a few speeding tickets etc. After you've had more parking out of it than the car is worth, abandon it at the roadside - or leave it a car park - and repeat.

Kind regards

Mike Waring

CFO NCP

Creating jobs in the volutary sector is no good! How can you get full employment if you encourage people to work voluntarily! Get a grip!

The plan will cost 12 million pounds to start up, the Treasury said.

And this is just the first years wage bill for Ms Cooper and her family and friends..and then all their family and friends..etc etc

NuLabour...Spending your money faster than a crack addicted lottery winner.