House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dubbya

Property Ladder Chiswick - Price Reduction !

How much was it before, I can't remember - £2m?

This one is a real poster boy for the crash, like that house in Greenwich owned by those 'Julian and Sandy' developers.

In a few years' time, houses like this will look as dated as those with swirly carpets, gas fires, artex ceilings and avocado bathroom suites look now.

How much was it before, I can't remember - £2m?This one is a real poster boy for the crash, like that house in Greenwich owned by those 'Julian and Sandy' developers.

In a few years' time, houses like this will look as dated as those with swirly carpets, gas fires, artex ceilings and avocado bathroom suites look now.

Hi

£1.3m IIRC

M21er

Having lived in a flat with an "open plan kitchen", I can safely say I wouldn't touch anything with said feature again with, well, anything.

They're great if you don't actually cook anything, and have no noisy white goods... such as microwaves, extractor hoods, fan ovens, fridges, washing machines, dishwashers, etc.

This one is a real poster boy for the crash, like that house in Greenwich owned by those 'Julian and Sandy' developers.

Yeah, this was the vile Saffer woman and her poodle hubby.

They should only have got 950k at the top of the bubble.

They will never sell it

(unless there is a miracle and they go bankrupt).

Here they are sorting the garden out.

Julian___Sandy__garden.mp3

Julian___Sandy__garden.mp3

This individual property is so atypical that price reductions don't really tell us much about the wider Chiswick/West London market. It's in a dodgy location, with a wacky layout that may well be showing basement damp patches, and the original asking price was just absurd. Unfortunately I don't think there's any broader lessons here.

This individual property is so atypical that price reductions don't really tell us much about the wider Chiswick/West London market. It's in a dodgy location, with a wacky layout that may well be showing basement damp patches, and the original asking price was just absurd. Unfortunately I don't think there's any broader lessons here.

Awww don't be a party pooper. :lol:

You are probably right, having watched the programme it was a real dog's dinner and mixed with a lot of arrogance on the part of the "developers".

It will be a lot of fun to watch though.

Edited by bobthe~

To buy that you'd need about £200,000 for the deposit and have to have an income of around £200,000pa to get a mortgage on the balance. (oh and hand the government over £40,000 just for the priviledge of paying the stamp duty).

I think I would pass. :blink:

1.2million for a house which is mostly below ground level.

Why pay 1.2 million to live below ground when you can do that for free when you die.!!!

I wouldn't give em 1.2K quid for that, forget 1.2 million.

If you take a look at any housing index that shows regional variations (Halifax, Rightmove and London Registry) you'll see London is hit the hardest.

The true extent of these falls is being hidden by a high YOY figure. If they continue to fall at the same rate (Halifax -6.4% last quarter, LR -5.8%) we could be looking at 20% down YOY by this September.

I'm certainly reviewing my "regions will fall most" prediction that is spouted even by bears sometimes.

Just flicking around TV. This has just shown on More4 again.

Still on for £1,195,000 at http://dexs.webdadi.biz/details.dtx?proper...9D-2EEFDAD27B6F

At the end of the programe Beeny said "... the next day (they) put the property on the market at £1.3million"

Edited by ScaredEitherWay

Just flicking around TV. This has just shown on More4 again.

Still on for £1,195,000 at http://dexs.webdadi.biz/details.dtx?proper...9D-2EEFDAD27B6F

At the end of the programe Beeny said "... the next day (they) put the property on the market at £1.3million"

It's still there at £1.195m

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-198..._showcase=false

How many more did she say they wanted to do before emigrating? :lol:

Another reduced Property Ladder effort this time from Coalbrookdale in Shropshire.

It cost £269K to develop and they put in on the market at £310K in July 07.

It has now been reduced to offers in the region of £290K

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-173...=1&tr_t=buy

I remember this one, Telford way wasn't it.

10 months and they have made -£20,000 off the asking price.

Maybe its the Beeny curse.

Edited by geed

I wonder if the lady in poole hgas sold her pads yet?

they were both on there a few months ago, may go and have a look see.

I can find a secluded mansion with heated swimming pool & acres of land for the same price

two bus rides away

Could you please show me where? Sounds good! :)