House Price Crash Forum

Remortgage Woes

DrGUID

HOLA441

Has anyone noticed that the banks have been quietly hiking their remortgage rates?

Thanks to Northern Rock and the credit crunch, I'm having to remortgage my tracker at an extra 0.3% above the bank rate compared with the deal I could have got in early February. It looks like the C&G (and perhaps others as well) are taking advantage of the Rock's demise to increase their revenue. I'm glad I'm a shareholder as well.

HOLA442
Has anyone noticed that the banks have been quietly hiking their remortgage rates?

Thanks to Northern Rock and the credit crunch, I'm having to remortgage my tracker at an extra 0.3% above the bank rate compared with the deal I could have got in early February. It looks like the C&G (and perhaps others as well) are taking advantage of the Rock's demise to increase their revenue. I'm glad I'm a shareholder as well.

We are with Britannia BS, and are relocating. Two/three weeks ago for a fee and paying for our survey we could have had BoE+0.4%, a smaller fee and free survey for BoE+0.5%. When it came to signing up last week the rates are now +0.5% and +0.65% respectively. These are all lifetime tracker products.

Thankfully we are able to port across our original mortgage (+0.5%) and only the small increase we need has had to go on the +0.65%. Guess which one we'll be putting the overpayments into.

HOLA443

Yup, rates have gone up across the board, depsite BoE rates falling. Theres very various posts and articles regarding the end of "cheap money".

I put it down to banks giving out attractive rates on saving accounts.