House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BoomBoom

Another Expences Scandal

I think the time is ripe to set up a Citizens Oversight Committee.

Let's call it the British Citizens Association. Funded by voluntary donations, and charged with scrutinising every damned thing the gumment does.

Having no legal recourse to correct irregularities, it will be charged with making VERY public the abuses made by MP's with YOUR money.

Anyone in? If so, I'll start it next week and see where it goes.

Other groups have already tried but Gov won't release details and even whe nyou catch them with their pants down they walk away scotch free.

the sytem is past being fix and needs to be knocked down before we can move forwards

Let's call it the British Citizens Association. Funded by voluntary donations, and charged with scrutinising every damned thing the gumment does.

Having no legal recourse to correct irregularities, it will be charged with making VERY public the abuses made by MP's with YOUR money.

I'll join in - but I will need some expenses

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Perhaps we could call it the British Investigative Group of the Citizens Oversight Committee.

Oliver Cromwell formed an effective "oversight committee" to reign in corruption among MPs in the 17th Century. It was called "The Army."

BTW, the Welsh Parliament has just voted to abolish the hideous parking charges for NHS hospitals. Another NuLabour scheme to gouge the sick and the poor scrapped by rebellious Celts.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Oliver Cromwell formed an effective "oversight committee" to reign in corruption among MPs in the 17th Century. It was called "The Army."

BTW, the Welsh Parliament has just voted to abolish the hideous parking charges for NHS hospitals. Another NuLabour scheme to gouge the sick and the poor scrapped by rebellious Celts.

Tidy!

Other groups have already tried but Gov won't release details and even whe nyou catch them with their pants down they walk away scotch free.

the sytem is past being fix and needs to be knocked down before we can move forwards

Freedom of information act!

at the very least you can waste goverment time, with them having to respond to the requests....