House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RajD

Labour Desperate For Funding For Next Election

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/poli...icle3471714.ece

Labour has resumed a secret courtship of influential donors before new funding rules are introduced <_< to cover the party from future sleaze allegations, The Times has learnt.

Labour fears being left behind by the Tories in building up their war chest to fund the next general election. Labour, now £20 million in debt, generated only £580,000 :P from individual donors in the last quarter of last year, while Tory fundraisers brought in £9.8 million over the same period.

Jon Mendelsohn, Mr Brown’s leading fundraiser, is inviting small businessmen as potential donors to a series of private dinners to mingle with Cabinet ministers. They have been told that they could help to shape the next Labour manifesto. :angry:

Mr Mendelsohn is one of a number of people who face police questions over donations totalling £600,000 by a property developer that were made through third parties in apparent breach of the law.

Anybody else get the niggling suspicion that desperate property tycoons will be funding labour for the next election ?

I have just been to Labour conference (security) at ICC in Birmingham.

It had been rumored that there are normally 150 - 250 Advertisement stands/backdrops/posters for a conference, each swelling the coffers of the Labour party.

This year there was 11 in total.

They don't want to back a LAME DUCK! :lol:

The stage is now set for more Labour sleaze. Given that staying in power is all that counts to Brown and Co they would cut a deal with the devil if it got them funds to fight the next election.

How can these IDIOTS run a country when they can not even run their own party?

Any other company with 20 Million Debt (300+ employees) would be called in to financers cut overheads, or to prove they could achieve a profit in foreseeable future to service debt.

They are just adding to the SUB PRIME statistics! :lol:

NuLab are finished. They know it. The Tories know it. The Public know it. Who on earth do they think will pump cash into their election war chest now? They've been weighed, measured and found wanting.

The last thing they need is a war. Public confidence in NuLab started to wane in earnest after the biggest demonstrations in modern history failed to make any alteration in their stance on Iraq.

That's when the Public first realised that gumment no longer serves them....

Another phony war will bring violence in the streets.

Guest AuntJess
The stage is now set for more Labour sleaze. Given that staying in power is all that counts to Brown and Co they would cut a deal with the devil if it got them funds to fight the next election.

Whaddya mean " would cut a deal....."? :unsure: I reckon they already have. :ph34r:

Edited by AuntJess

Guest AuntJess
How can these IDIOTS run a country when they can not even run their own party?

Any other company with 20 Million Debt (300+ employees) would be called in to financers cut overheads, or to prove they could achieve a profit in foreseeable future to service debt.

They are just adding to the SUB PRIME statistics! :lol:

I don't even think they could run their own home. Any woman - or man( not being sexist chaps) - who has had to budget and balance the books for their own home, must realise that this bunch of trendy, liberalista, pie-in-the-sky thinkers could not even do that successfully, judging by the ham-fisted, clunch-headed way they have failed to run this country. :angry:

Guest KingCharles1st

I know which way this is going to turn.

LAND

This is whats going to somehow- god knows how- be turned over and unpicked. Once they acknowledge how much money the land-banking companies made, they are going to pull a similar stunt.

But it's pointless- I don't know one single solitary person who any longer admits to thinking good thoughts re NuLabia

Guest KingCharles1st
I wonder what the interest is on that £20 million?

Did they ever pay back those undeclared donations I mean loans?

I bet it's more than 580K :rolleyes::D

But then I wonder if it's in a Northern Crock account- secured against the Houses of Parliament!!

Edited by KingCharles1st

The last thing they need is a war.

And unless they bring back conscription, they couldn't fight one even if they wanted to. It was reported a couple of weeks ago that our last reserve regiment has just been sent to Kosovo. We have no soldiers left to send to another war - it's that simple.