House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest vicmac64

Loan To Savings Ratio Irish Banks

Guest vicmac64

Sorry to be pushing my own post back up top again - but is such exposure to property not a major concern in the Irish Banking Sector??

Sorry to be pushing my own post back up top again - but is such exposure to property not a major concern in the Irish Banking Sector??

Hey vicmac are you talking about the Northern Irish banks or the rep of Ireland banks

I was talking to an Ifa last week - and he was telling me that the first trust (AIB) weren't overly exposed to the sub prime market (purely ancedotal) and that seems to tally with the article you posted

which would make sense as they aren't a sister company of a big English bank like Ulster bank which is part of Bank of Scotland ( and therefore Ulster bank could suffer)

For this reason I would imagine that Bank of Ireland would be safe enough as well - but judging from that article maybe not- one reason for this could be that they could of been trying to increase their share in the mortgage market and where offering competive deals like the English banks like buy to let at 100% of rental income as opposed to the norm of 125% and Loan to value for buy to let at 90% as oppossed to 85 % and increased business increased the gap between deposit and loan