House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
US Citizen

Great Crash Two ?

I have heard the term being banded about by RealistBear where he/she refers to Great Carsh Two. This seems to imply that a serious economic disaster is about to befront mankind, caused by greed and speculation.

I actually think RealistBear may be on to something. Lets see where we are with a dispassionate eye :

1. Oil is increasing at around 1p a litre every 3 weeks on average.

2. The price of shopping for food has increased by approximatly 10% on the past year at least.

3. Coucil tax bills are set yo be increased by an average of 4% this year.

4. The credit crunch has caused the supply of cheap easy credit to dry up.

5. You are twice as likely to be refused a credit card this year as you would have been last year.

6. Your wages have probably (if your lucky) gone up with the rate of inflation (fudged rate) of 2.8%

7. You are poorer on average than you were last year.

8. The cost of going away on holiday has increased by 20% in 6 months.

9. The cost of a new car has increased by 5% in the past year.

10. Fuel bills have increased by an average of 15% in the past 12 months.

So does all this and much more constitute a great crash ? Well No.

Does the financial systems look like melting down due to a lack of money supply ? Well No.

Is unemployment rampant ? Well No.

So how can this be a great crash two ? It cant be.

But before you feel smug and think your alright jack. The point of a great crash is it must be worse than any other smaller crashes before it. It is a financial clamity that is felt for decades because of the greed and mismanagement of those who represent us, whether they be Governement or Family.

Is this about a housepricecrash ? No

Is this about a stockmarketcrash ? No

This is about the way we view money and working for money and ripping up the rule book. This GC2 maybe the biggest act of terrorism acted against the entire world ever planned. It will not be cause by some brown people with a towel wrapped arouund their heads, but by you and me, by those who drive BMW x5 and Range Rover Vogue down Kensington High Street.

Our greed has caused this collaspe, two much money is in the hands of too few people. Result Great Crash Two.

As I prefer to call it "The Credit Crash".

As I prefer to call it "The Credit Crash".

If you can identify a single person whose income is not in some way dependent upon credit, then I'll give you a toffee.

So does all this and much more constitute a great crash ? Eventually, yes.

Does the financial systems look like melting down due to a lack of money supply ? No, they are melting down because of too much money supply.

Is unemployment rampant ? It will be in a few years.

If you can identify a single person whose income is not in some way dependent upon credit, then I'll give you a toffee.

I claim my toffee. My sole income is an index-linked MoD pension.

Guest barebear

Mine, dont owe anybody anything. I wonder what toffees he likes ? :lol:

Funded by taxes levied on the miracle economy ;)

Mine, dont owe anybody anything. I wonder what toffees he likes ? :lol:

I don't owe anything either, but the products I sell are, without doubt, bought by people with credit cards, or by people who got cash by selling stuff to people with credit cards, or by...

Funded by taxes levied on the miracle economy ;)

More like through public sector borrowing because taxes alone can't cover the astronomical cost of government pension schemes!

Therefore dependent on credit (albeit indirectly) - I'll have that half eaten toffee thank you! :lol:

Mine. Now wheres my toffee.

Edited by debt-free

And what, prey, do you think drives the index on which your pension is linked?

I might also mention the national debt... your pension payments are currently borrowed by government.

Mine. Now wheres my toffee.

You'll need to justify that claim...

Edited by A.steve

Funeral director.

You are the lucky one...thousands of others who have not yet reached retirement age, in the public and private sector will not be so financially secure.

Care: Don't take your pension for granted. ;)