House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Correction

O/t Government Advertising.

Does anyone know how much Brown and his machine are spending on adverising at the moment? Every other advert tv/radio/internet/ seems to be to do with some government organisation:

Tax doesn't have to be taxing!

Health and Safety Executive

dvla.gov

direct gov

NHS stop smoling campaingn

Previously nurse recruitment campaign

nhs direct

There will be lots of others I can't recall just now

The waste of money Brown and his cronies don't have goes on and on. :angry:

Edited by correction

Does anyone know how much Brown and his machine are spending on adverising at the moment? Every other advert tv/radio/internet/ seems to be to do with some government organisation:

Tax doesn't have to be taxing!

Health and Safety Executive

dvla.gov

direct gov

nhs direct

The waste of money Brown and his cronies don't have goes on and on. :angry:

Government advertising is one of the biggest changes with NuLabour, imo.

10 years' ago, you may get the odd public information film about drink driving and misuse of the 999 service. Now, you can't move for public sector propoganda.

For the last 6 or so years here, Newcastle Council have produced their own version of Pravda - distributed to every home in full colour free of charge.

nope...

Does anyone know how much Brown and his machine are spending on IT at the moment? Every government organisation has something to do with IT.

dvla.gov

direct gov

nhs direct

All those desktops and servers all the contrators and support teams

The waste of money Brown and his cronies don't have goes on and on...

BOOTNOTE:

Government spending created money helps the economy, and businesses of friends and family, advertising is a part of the picture but there has been alot more spending in other areas, wasting money keeps the economic 'money go round' running...

Guest barebear

Yeh the the stop smoking campaign is just bloody interference at our expense.How about a stop the car campaign, that killed far more people than smoking ever did.Or a stop getting into debt campaign speculating over houses.

Why do the government think they should give advice on how people should live their lives, they are there to collect taxes and run services end of.

Who elected them to sqaunder money by creating a nanny surveilance state.

Heres a good campaign,make all drugs legal and therefore cut crime. Personally I dont give a toss whether someone wants to smoke,drink or do drugs to death as long as they leave me alone.

Honestly do you care if Jock in Glasgow is on 60 a day, jacks up regularly and does a bottle of vodka for breakfast ?

Guest happy?
Government advertising is one of the biggest changes with NuLabour, imo.

10 years' ago, you may get the odd public information film about drink driving and misuse of the 999 service. Now, you can't move for public sector propoganda.

For the last 6 or so years here, Newcastle Council have produced their own version of Pravda - distributed to every home in full colour free of charge.

Because other political parties have never spent money on propaganda. The most irritating advert that NuLab did has to be the gas privatisation "Don't Tell Sid."

God that one was awful.

Guest happy?
Yeh the the stop smoking campaign is just bloody interference at our expense.How about a stop the car campaign, that killed far more people than smoking ever did.Or a stop getting into debt campaign speculating over houses.

Why do the government think they should give advice on how people should live their lives, they are there to collect taxes and run services end of.

Who elected them to sqaunder money by creating a nanny surveilance state.

Heres a good campaign,make all drugs legal and therefore cut crime. Personally I dont give a toss whether someone wants to smoke,drink or do drugs to death as long as they leave me alone.

Honestly do you care if Jock in Glasgow is on 60 a day, jacks up regularly and does a bottle of vodka for breakfast ?

Yes, I do. And even the most recalcitrant Malthusian such as yourself if you used your brain would recognise the financial penalty to the rest of us. Yours is possibly the most dim-witted, self-serving rant on this site in ages.

Guest barebear
Yes, I do. And even the most recalcitrant Malthusian such as yourself if you used your brain would recognise the financial penalty to the rest of us. Yours is possibly the most dim-witted, self-serving rant on this site in ages.

Malthusian ?? Who the fuk do you think you are ?? Another trying to play god and tell people how to live. And so it continues people like you make drugs illegal and then wonder why all the morons are commiting crimes to get them. THATS what concerns me CRIME caused by by our very own antiquated laws.It doesnt concern me what people do to themselves.

If you want to personally insult me pal pm me and we'll meet up and I'll ******ing nut yer. TOSSER

Malthusian ?? Who the fuk do you think you are ?? Another trying to play god and tell people how to live. And so it continues people like you make drugs illegal and then wonder why all the morons are commiting crimes to get them. THATS what concerns me CRIME caused by by our very own antiquated laws.It doesnt concern me what people do to themselves.

If you want to personally insult me pal pm me and we'll meet up and I'll ******ing nut yer. TOSSER

Whilst I agree with the sentiment... no sod it I agree with all of it.

I really hate it when somebody says that if another poster doesn't share their view then they must be thick. Maybe they just have another opinion. Why don't you try defending your own case instead of knocking their view.

if you used your brain

Really, what an asinine comment just because you don't agree with them.

Guest barebear
Whilst I agree with the sentiment... no sod it I agree with all of it.

I really hate it when somebody says that if another poster doesn't share their view then they must be thick. Maybe they just have another opinion. Why don't you try defending your own case instead of knocking their view.

if you used your brain

Really, what an asinine comment just because you don't agree with them.

Thankyou

Bloody good question.

Was wondering just that listening to one of the stations recently - seemed like only two advertisers most of the time - govt and inside track.

Because other political parties have never spent money on propaganda. The most irritating advert that NuLab did has to be the gas privatisation "Don't Tell Sid."

God that one was awful.

I've read this several times and can't be sure whether you are taking the rise or not. So I'm assuming it's a joke.

Ron

I hope you arent over-weight at all, and exercise regularly.

and don't engage in any dangerous sports or activities.

or travel too much

etc.

otherwise YOURS would be the most dim-witted self-serving post in ages.

God that one was awful.

I struggle to think of a really good government advertising/propoganda campaign in the last few years.

I think the point being made is that the amount of spending on advertising **seems** a lot higher than it did 10 years ago. This Government are certainly an in-your-face conform-or-be-shunned-and-ridiculed lot we've had for a long time - ever in my lifetime.

Guest barebear
I struggle to think of a really good government advertising/propoganda campaign in the last few years.

I think the point being made is that the amount of spending on advertising **seems** a lot higher than it did 10 years ago. This Government are certainly an in-your-face conform-or-be-shunned-and-ridiculed lot we've had for a long time - ever in my lifetime.

Yeh and this moral high ground type of politics is costing us all. In the last 10 years we've had thousands of speed cameras masked behind statistics making out that speed kills,when we all know its a money making exersise.The smoking ban masked behind statistics making out that so many people die from passive smoking,which again is costing us all more money.Meanwhile the government regularly increases its take on every pack sold then wastes it on advertising.

Drug laws which encourage people to commit crimes if they want free drugs, yes methadone is FREE in prison,outside you have to go on a program and wait.

The common denominator is interference, why the fuk dont they just do what a government is supposed to, raise taxes and run services. Then let those services deal with the problems. Even chief police officers( cant remember who) are saying legalise drugs as the very law against them is creating crime.

Its not as though we havent seen this before,prohibition created more crime than anything but we havent learnt from it.