House Price Crash Forum
fiddlethefigures

Economic Woes Suspended

I was reading an article in the Manchester evening news last night about the recent earthquake and how it affected people in the gtr manchester area. The article went on to say that experts expect a rise in consumer spending because people spend more when they have experienced a natural event and wakes them up to their mortality.

They expect electronic goods like mp3 and flat screen televisions to be on the top of the list of peoples purchases.

Let the party continue.

I was reading an article in the Manchester evening news last night about the recent earthquake and how it affected people in the gtr manchester area. The article went on to say that experts expect a rise in consumer spending because people spend more when they have experienced a natural event and wakes them up to their mortality.

They expect electronic goods like mp3 and flat screen televisions to be on the top of the list of peoples purchases.

Let the party continue.

http://business.scotsman.com/personal-fina...into.3829686.jp

Let the party continue.

I think there will likely be an increase in births nine months hence. If my like felt threatened I think I'd rather copulate than shop. But then I'm not really one of the herd.

if anyone who as been following the earthquake thread in the off topic section will know that there is a nuclear testing facility next door but one to the epicentre. Is there a link here behind consumer spending and earthquake manipulation :lol:

Let the party continue.

No it doesn't work like that. For most people it suggests that you never know what's around the next corner and so should prepare by saving yourself an emergency fund. After the massive earthquake in Kobe Japan (1995) , people spent less money than before, even in areas far from Kobe. Cash is king and is also easier to carry than a DFS sofa.

Guest Mr Parry
if anyone who as been following the earthquake thread in the off topic section will know that there is a nuclear testing facility next door but one to the epicentre. Is there a link here behind consumer spending and earthquake manipulation :lol:

Same thing happened in the West Country about 10-15 years ago. Apparently there was a 2.9 mgnitude quake (small I know) the powers that be tried to blame on fault lime. Funny thing was the epicentre was Hinckley A nuclear power station, which has been off-line ever since.

Rumour has it, it was a reactor over-heat, blew a bloddy great hole in the side of the reactor.

. . . so rumour has it!

Same thing happened in the West Country about 10-15 years ago. Apparently there was a 2.9 mgnitude quake (small I know) the powers that be tried to blame on fault lime. Funny thing was the epicentre was Hinckley A nuclear power station, which has been off-line ever since.

Rumour has it, it was a reactor over-heat, blew a bloddy great hole in the side of the reactor.

. . . so rumour has it!

Nothing suprises me, a major disaster but the authorities decide to keep shtum

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

. . . so rumour has it!

Faulty limes are the cause of many a disaster.

http://www.marketrasenmail.co.uk/news/MP-s...ncil.3769112.jp

...seeing as you mention earthquakes.... D-Notice anyone?

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displa...e=sidebarsearch

Edit - 2 mins on google and who'dathunkit? BBC you are rubbish journalists - this is in the public interest, why not cover it even if it's to debunk it? You are cowards and shysters.

Edited by 29929BlackTuesday