House Price Crash Forum
Ted D. Bear

Some Google Trends

Google trends lets you find out how many searches are made for the terms you enter and gives you a chart of the results. I put in a few HPC related terms and thought some of you may be interested in the results

"Buy to Let" is well down on where it usually is at this time of the year:

trends2.png

"Mortgages" and "Estate Agent" are also all well down:

trends1.png

Of course, you can't read too much into these numbers as you have no idea of the searcher's intention, and trends is only a beta release, but it's interesting (to me, anyway :rolleyes: ) that these charts are roughly showing what might be expected.

post-2327-1204372531_thumb.png

post-2327-1204372646_thumb.png

Google trends lets you find out how many searches are made for the terms you enter and gives you a chart of the results. I put in a few HPC related terms and thought some of you may be interested in the results

"Buy to Let" is well down on where it usually is at this time of the year:

trends2.png

"Mortgages" and "Estate Agent" are also all well down:

trends1.png

Of course, you can't read too much into these numbers as you have no idea of the searcher's intention, and trends is only a beta release, but it's interesting (to me, anyway :rolleyes: ) that these charts are roughly showing what might be expected.

That site is facinating, a real gloldmine. Try "tesco" "Waitrose" etc and you can see the relative peaks at christmas. Definate drop in trading this crimbles.

Oh and definately more searches of "interest rates". Something people are obviously interested in... :lol:

This one is very curious. BTL:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=BTL&cta...=all&sort=0

Notice that it spikes up every January. Any explanations?

On edit: But Buy to let doesn't:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=Buy+to+let&...=all&sort=0

Considering Belize is by far the main BTL place maybe it's something else.

Edited by wren

Whoa straight up :P

Down slowly over the last few years. Always seems to jump up at the end of the year

Interesting (Says crashman rubbing his Crashfingers together & thinking of the future Crashpad ;) )

Considering Belize is by far the main BTL place maybe it's something else.

Yeah, you can use the 'regions' drop down to consider results from only the Uk, which helps weed out other interpetations of terms used in other countries.

Down slowly over the last few years. Always seems to jump up at the end of the year

Reminds me of a COT long positions chart, moving in the opposite direction to price, prior to the inevitable.