House Price Crash Forum
thecrashingisles

Bbc Making Me Angry This Morning

The BBC has been at it again this morning reporting about bad news for first time buyers as lenders demand deposits. They come out with so many logical fallacies, for example, "25% of a 200k house is 50k - That's a lot of money!" Well precisely but if 50k is a lot of money why are you so nonchalant about people taking on 150k of debt! Maybe having to put down meaningful deposits will make people realise just how much debt they would be putting themselves in.

The presenter then added, "Can't they just take out a loan for the deposit?" :angry: :angry:

The presenter then added, "Can't they just take out a loan for the deposit?" :angry: :angry:

theyr'e all VI's - its to be expected :angry:

The BBC has been at it again this morning reporting about bad news for first time buyers as lenders demand deposits. They come out with so many logical fallacies, for example, "25% of a 200k house is 50k - That's a lot of money!" Well precisely but if 50k is a lot of money why are you so nonchalant about people taking on 150k of debt! Maybe having to put down meaningful deposits will make people realise just how much debt they would be putting themselves in.

These people are SO THICK --- They can't even pause for ONE SECOND -- and understand that BECAUSE the lenders have been "lending" SO MUCH "MONEY" - ESPECIALLY via FRAUDULENT LIAR LOANS - House "prices" have ballooned over 10-12 years. THAT is the reason for the whole scam -- SO -- lending less money is a GOOD thing for hopeful FTBs in the long run.....

Edited by eric pebble

Surely the headline should read "good news for first time buyers". With larger deposits demanded overinflated house prices will fall in value and make them more affordable to first time buyers relieving them from a possible lifetime of debt.

Surely the headline should read "good news for first time buyers". With larger deposits demanded overinflated house prices will fall in value and make them more affordable to first time buyers relieving them from a possible lifetime of debt.

Precisely!!

Piece of advice: stop watching this rubbish. :)

I switch on my TV each morning and am greeted by two giggling imbeciles desperately ramping/pimping/hyping any old piece of nonsense as "news". This is the BBC's Breakfast News show. First thing I do is turn the volume to zero, then flick through the news on teletext in about 2 minutes. Then turn the TV off. It's that simple.

Don't panic - we know that house prices are in for a mauling over the next few years - irrespective of what the BBC say. So do as I: sit back and enjoy the fireworks! :)

Nomadd

Just DON'T WATCH THE BBC!! They're truly scum. The dregs of the journalist world. Are you a BBC employee watching this? Hope you enjoy your relocation to Manchester. You're going to get beaten up. DOn't open your mouth in a pub!

Surely the BBC have distorted the facts here anyway? Why quote 50k, is this some figure simply plucked out of the air, the BS below quoted in the times clearly tell you what deposit is required for a FTB?

Yesterday, Cheltenham & Gloucester, a mortgage-lending arm of Lloyds TSB, said it would not offer home loan deals to buyers who did not have a 10 per cent deposit or who had not built up 10 per cent equity in their home. Alliance & Leicester and Britannia Building Society operate a similar policy. From Tuesday, Halifax, the biggest mortgage lender, will not lend to buyers who have not saved a 5 per cent deposit. Lenders are also increasing their mortgage rates. Halifax and Abbey will both announce new, higher mortgage rates next week.

Seema Shah, a property economist from Capital Economics, said: “It is clear that house price growth on all the main measures is on a steady downward trend. In our view, it is only a matter of time before house prices start falling year-on-year.”

Nice one Seema keep up the the good work :lol:

But the BBC uses a computer programme to write headlines. You feed in the latest bit of data and out pops the the headline "Good/Bad news for homeowners/first time buyers as mortgage rates/deposits rise/fall."

Missed this mornings piece but on the main BBC news last night they were saying that the hosuing market stood on the brink of collapse as house prices dropped for the fourth month in a row. Had an interview with some geezer from Kleinwort Dresdner saying he thought city centre flats would drop 30%. Think they were trying to sugar the pill by suggesting that it was city centre flats that were likely to collapse in price. Preseneter also felt the need to say that 'optimists' said that house prices would be flat at worst this year.

Guest pioneer31

Good advice. Don't watch BBC News, especially the morning swill. They'll find any old s**te to fill 3 hours. Prince Harry's coming home!!! Great!!!!!

..........who gives a s**t?

You can't be a TV journalist anyway these days unless you're a 'cutey'. Only the good looking people have the brains to analyse the facts.

I'll only take house price advice from someone who looks like they've stepped out of a Littlewoods catalogue.

Don't tell me that BBC Financial reporting is amateur biased rubbish. Surely not.

The day they employ Jeff Randall is the day I may consider paying a licence fee.

I'm glad I stopped paying the BBC TV Tax last year. £135 back in my pocket.

:lol:

can anyone do that?

...and still watch tv?

Edited by earl

can anyone do that?

...and still watch tv?

Anyone.

As long as your TV isn't visible from the front and you deny them entry.

I know somebody who has a clearly visible telly but insists he only watches DVDs and hasnt paid for years. He enjoys the ongoing correspondence.

Don't tell me that BBC Financial reporting is amateur biased rubbish. Surely not.

The day they employ Jeff Randall is the day I may consider paying a licence fee.

He used to have a Fivelive show but he left.

theyr'e all VI's - its to be expected :angry:

Or it could just be that journos are drawn from the same population of sheeple as have caused this mess in the first place.

Anyone.

As long as your TV isn't visible from the front and you deny them entry.

I know somebody who has a clearly visible telly but insists he only watches DVDs and hasnt paid for years. He enjoys the ongoing correspondence.

I put my TV in the shed over 1 year ago and will only watch TV again after the license fee has been abolished. Hopefully as we go into a recession more people will stop paying and the whole system will break down. 135 Pounds to watch Prince Harry propaganda and the total bowlarks that is Eastenders ? For me it is becoming more and more unthinkable.

Possibly if more people stop watching altogether, then maybe commercial TV companies will start to lobby the government to do away with the licence fee ? Afterall, people cannot be allowed to live without being subjected to adverts for aspirational items such as cars and sofas can they?

Edited by council dweller

Guest anorthosite
I put my TV in the shed over 1 year ago and will only watch TV again after the license fee has been abolished. Hopefully as we go into a recession more people will stop paying and the whole system will break down. 135 Pounds to watch Prince Harry propaganda and the total bowlarks that is Eastenders ? For me it is becoming more and more unthinkable.

Possibly if more people stop watching altogether, then maybe commercial TV companies will start to lobby the government to do away with the licence fee ? Afterall, people cannot be allowed to live without being subjected to adverts for aspiration items such as cars and sofas can they?

My TV is only set up for DVDs. I can get news from the internet, and I have a subscription with an on line DVD rental store. For £15 a month I have 3 DVDs at any one time and they have a turn around time of 2 days, so even if I watch one film a day they can keep up. They can supply me with any TV series I want to see. More than a TV license, but I can watch what I want when I want.

TV licenses are for losers!

I'm glad I stopped paying the BBC TV Tax last year. £135 back in my pocket.

:lol:

same here.

i wont be forced to pay for this propaganda.

they are out of their remit on this un'

get back to making programs that entertain - not cover up.