House Price Crash Forum

Hpc ? - What Hpc ?

HOLA441

Who said the property market was in free fall ?

Look at these properties where the selling price has actually been increased substantially recently.

Do they know something the rest of this forum doesnt ?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-176...=1&tr_t=buy

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-192...=3&tr_t=buy

Or are they just deluded sellers ?

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

HOLA442
Who said the property market was in free fall ?

Look at these properties where the selling price has actually been increased substantially recently.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-176...=1&tr_t=buy

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-192...=3&tr_t=buy

Or are they just deluded sellers ?

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Well they're a bit rich for my blood. The first one looks really nice, more of a stately home really and the second one seems to be an artists impression. New Build is it?

I don't know what is going to happen at the very top end. Esher is an expensive area and the Blackhills area of Esher is even more expensive. Recently a house priced at 4.25 million went under offer, so presumably some people out there have money.

It is possible that the top end is so divorced from the rest of the market that it will go on its merry way (assuming there will be the crash we are expecting). But I think Kensington & Chelsea is going down a bit, and I actually think the non-dom's rich man's party is going to move onto another country, probably Switzerland, where let's face it the gathering storm will probably be less dangerous.

So the top could well end up being worse hit than the bottom, because it is potentially much more volatile.

Anyway, nice houses.

HOLA443
Guest Charlie The Tramp
so presumably some people out there have money.

I remember in the last downturn an ex customer put his property up for £3 million, had six offers and sold for £3.1 million.

People with real money know what they want and what is happening in the Housing Market is of no interest to them.

HOLA444
People with real money know what they want and what is happening in the Housing Market is of no interest to them.

Now if only i could have wasted less time with my reply and just written that instead. :)

Similarly, would you say people with real money buying those sort of properties have a large influence on the housing market as a whole? My guess would be not.

HOLA445

All I know is some very smart money I've come across is betting on top of the market property going up and on the inflation scenario.

But that same 'smart money' is also in the process of losing its shirt in the financial markets.

Are they right, wrong? Can't say. But a lot of them won't be able to act on their prediction and generate HPI, they'll soon be too busy flipping burgers to worry about buying property.

HOLA446
Guest Charlie The Tramp
Similarly, would you say people with real money buying those sort of properties have a large influence on the housing market as a whole? My guess would be not.

Correct, these people live in a world of their own and property owning is more of a status symbol.

In 2000 one property I knew of went up for £7 million, so much wanted it that I bet heavily on the Lottery during a rollover.

Got a tenner but no joy, I estimated the property was well undervalued for what you were getting in historical and the size of the plot.

HOLA447
I actually think the non-dom's rich man's party is going to move onto another country, probably Switzerland

It won't take much for the rich tax dodging bastards to ****** off.

Hopefully the tax changes will do the trick. If so then there'll be a huge effect on the rest of London.

HOLA448
Correct, these people live in a world of their own and property owning is more of a status symbol.

In 2000 one property I knew of went up for £7 million, so much wanted it that I bet heavily on the Lottery during a rollover.

Got a tenner but no joy, I estimated the property was well undervalued for what you were getting in historical and the size of the plot.

We were chatting to a developer a couple of years back who told us of a little war that went on over a house in St George's Hill. Weybridge, home to Sir Cliff and Augustus Pinochet (although not together apparently because Cliff is as straight as they come, he just never found the right woman).

Turns out 2 Russian oligarchs wanted the same house and one coptered himself in and handed over 10 million just to make sure the other one didn't get it. The thing was, nobody could persuade any of the other residents that their houses weren't worth 10 mill either, even though it was unlikely anything like tha would ever happen again. :)

I don't think Cliff got involved though, far too much of a gentleman.

HOLA449
It won't take much for the rich tax dodging bastards to ****** off.

Hopefully the tax changes will do the trick. If so then there'll be a huge effect on the rest of London.

Actually I think Charlie's point was that they aren't really relevant to the rest of the market.

A couple of thousand rich buggers might affect the housing market in Ken & Chel, but unlikely to affect Streatham or Clapham. The mortgage companies shutting up shop on the other hand...

HOLA4410
Guest Charlie The Tramp
one coptered himself in and handed over 10 million just to make sure the other one didn't get it.

Do you know after the sale if concrete lorries kept turning up and depositing their load. ;)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Rich people don't get rich and stay rich by paying top prices for everything.

Indeed, rich people seem to me to be the meanest people of all. I happen to make kitchens, studies, bedrooms, dressing rooms, etc for some seriously rich people in the Cotswolds, and they are always the ones who grumble most over quotes.

No word of a lie, but Liz Hurley (by way of her womanservant) was kind enough to offer my workshop the opportunity to make her a kitchen. For free. This was about 6 months or so after she married the billionaire.

I do hope they're happy.

(We told her to Piss Off)

HOLA4413
Now if only i could have wasted less time with my reply and just written that instead. :)

Absolutely no effect on the market. 99% of deals at that level are done for cash.

HOLA4414

yes. this is my position.

i only come on here for the clangnuts cartoons.

granted. i might post obsessively about the housing market, but thats just to pass the time.

before the next thrilling installment of 'gold and why it will go the same way as property'