House Price Crash Forum
A.steve

Nationwide Say Another Drop In February 2008

The significant thing for me is that HPI is falling despite the fact that the Bank of England has cut interest rates twice in the past three months. :o

So, I need to book that day off well in advance (see previous post - I'm going to open a bottle for breakfast on the morning it goes YOY -ve).

Which day should it be, the day of the March or April figures?

So, I need to book that day off well in advance (see previous post - I'm going to open a bottle for breakfast on the morning it goes YOY -ve).

Using RPi today it is YoY -ve.

Wow, property has risen at 0.5 above Cpi and fallen @ 1.2 below RPi (iirc). You most certainly could have done better putting your money in the bank over the last 12 months using 6% @ 40% tax you would have made 1.4% on CPi and lost only 0.2 on RPi.

I might open a bottle tonight (except I'm t-total).

I might open a bottle tonight (except I'm t-total).

I'll yours for you tonight, to save you from temptation.

I think it's going to be April before we hear Fionalalalala on the Today programme stating that the figures have gone negative over the year "but the fundamentals are still strong and the problems in the US won't be experienced here".

[edit: POP! glug glug glug]

Edited by Paddles

Halifax or Nationwide?

I suspect it'll be April for nationwide and march for Halifax.

The significant thing for me is that HPI is falling despite the fact that the Bank of England has cut interest rates twice in the past three months. :o

Agreed. The crash is either going to be bad, very bad, or terrific!!! :P

Halifax or Nationwide?

I suspect it'll be April for nationwide and march for Halifax.

Hmm, two days off and two bottles in the fridge then.....

I'll yours for you tonight, to save you from temptation.

I think it's going to be April before we hear Fionalalalala on the Today programme stating that the figures have gone negative over the year "but the fundamentals are still strong and the problems in the US won't be experienced here".

[edit: POP! glug glug glug]

I think March is too much to ask for, but you never know.

I wonder at what point the gorgeous, pouting and fragrant Lady Earley will be able to admit that there is a trend rather than a blip.

I am already celebrating anyway. The sort of house we could have stretched to buy (and that I am confident now would have ruined us financially) is a cool 27k cheaper than back in the Summer. That is 27k of debt we don't have to pay off.

I must buy myself some bubbly for April and make sure it is properly chilled.

Now waiting for some killjoy to go on about the misery of people in negative equity and how we shouldn't take pleasure from it. I will take pleasure from it in the same way someone who didn't get on a plane, only to find it hit the side of a mountain in the Andes would celebrate his own luck.

Guest ceewbee
nice picture domo i like the way you focused on the dropping lines :lol:

Yes, it reminds me of something.... I know - a cliff! I hope the people that have thrown themselves off it (metaphorically speaking) are ok.