House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lufc

Auto, Home Purchases `won't Happen' As U.s. Rates Don't Budge

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

``For every 5 basis points cut by the Fed, only 1 basis point is reaching Main Street,'' said Rosenberg. ``The Fed is cutting rates, which is wonderful for the government yield curve, but most interest rates are not following suit.''

What is that saying, something about the Lunatics running the asylum.

Or is it bailing your mates out?

Well I heard (on here I Think) that the point is to help re-capitalise the banks, as savers have the full cut passed on.

Edit for me grandma

Edited by bobthe~

IR are actually soaring in the US as Ben tries to cut them. See my thread on this.

The market is credit starved and risk averse. Ben and Merv can cut all they like it will make no difference.

IR are actually soaring in the US as Ben tries to cut them. See my thread on this.

The market is credit starved and risk averse. Ben and Merv can cut all they like it will make no difference.

no no RB, you don't understand. The FED are printing like crazy, as evidenced by the reduction in treasuries on their balance sheet. Oh, er hang on...... :huh:

.... except to savers, as MT points out.

They're ingenious ..... they can rip off borrowers and savers at the same time as ballooning obscene wealth even more.... and make it look like a "natural" phenomenon! Tossers.

Yep, - bailing your mates out and screwing savers.

Because they don't let the banks fail, someone does not lose money, and they will use this money to speculate in commodities. Hence, double whammy for the saver.