House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
housespider

Property Snake Dubious Price Data?

I rarely look at Property Snake , most of the discounts are off way OVER PRICED properties anyway .

Best to monitor rightmove and agents own web sites in your chosen area 2/3 times a week , you soon memorise the prices and therefore spot the changes.

Edited by grey shark

Use property-bee instead.

http://www.property-bee.com/

You download the plugin (for Firefox ONLY) and surf to Rightmove.

It then 'remembers' the prices and details of the properties that come up in your search.

Next time you look, if there is a price change, it will highlight it for you.

Use property-bee instead.

http://www.property-bee.com/

You download the plugin (for Firefox ONLY) and surf to Rightmove.

It then 'remembers' the prices and details of the properties that come up in your search.

Next time you look, if there is a price change, it will highlight it for you.

Thank you - I will try that. Still intrigued by that data though..............

this is a simple example of property bee

example.JPG

not the best example becuase changes don't usually occcur the same day you see the property for the first time but you get the picture.

post-12481-1204367954_thumb.jpg

Edited by Driver

this is a simple example of property bee

example.JPG

not the best example becuase changes don't usually occcur the same day you see the property for the first time but you get the picture.

Bloody hell, I monitor flats in Bedford and that one as no chance of selling. Its 50k above others.

Another property-bee shot:

property-bee.JPG

I have said this before, property snake gets it very wrong a lot.

Sometimes they are actually picking up the address of the estate agents office, rather than the house for sale, which means that whenever a new house is listed on their website, propertysnake "thinks" it is a repricing of an existing house. Hence the many "price changes" every day on some of their listings.

I have said this before, property snake gets it very wrong a lot.

Sometimes they are actually picking up the address of the estate agents office, rather than the house for sale, which means that whenever a new house is listed on their website, propertysnake "thinks" it is a repricing of an existing house. Hence the many "price changes" every day on some of their listings.

I have said this before

:lol::lol:

After the past few months developing property-bee, I can assure anyone that it's not easy thing to do. Errors do creep in even if your vigilant just because of the shere amount of data involved.

This is where I hope property-bee might fair better, in that it's information that people have viewed and have "ownership of", in that it's their data stored locally for them.

Hopefully this means any problems are reported sooner rather than later, and the integrity issue won't appear :ph34r:

Cheers

BH

:lol::lol:

After the past few months developing property-bee, I can assure anyone that it's not easy thing to do. Errors do creep in even if your vigilant just because of the shere amount of data involved.

This is where I hope property-bee might fair better, in that it's information that people have viewed and have "ownership of", in that it's their data stored locally for them.

Hopefully this means any problems are reported sooner rather than later, and the integrity issue won't appear :ph34r:

Cheers

BH

BH - is there anyway of extracting all the property prices (for a specified geographical location search in rightmove using property-bee) so that we can start to chart average/median prices for our own areas?