Was It Right To Gag The Press About Harry Being In Afganistan

jackster1

HOLA441
HOLA442
Guest anorthosite
Keep up. Both.

What do you do if you see a space man?

Park in it man.

Now where's your evidence of the nuclear bomb?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest Bart of Darkness
What do you do if you see a space man?

If he was an Urban Spaceman I wouldn't knock him down, he'd just get up again.

HOLA446
HOLA447
The coverage of Harry coming "home" this morning on the BBC was gut wrenching. Quite when he made his little interviews and for exactly what point I don't know. He was seen posing on his bunk whilst telling the "camera" that "if" (and he said if real quick) he was to go on patrol he would cover his face just in case he was recognised. Not for his own safety you understand, just so the other "chaps" don't get hurt. Then we get to see pictures of him firing a big old machine gun. The truth is Harry failed his exams. He's thick as shite. But he's an Officer. He spent however long,probably not even ten weeks in a fooking great big bunker with some pals. Utter farce. Why doesn't someone on the BBC question this ??? Do they really think we believe he was going to go on patrol ? wtf !! :angry:

I think I've just woken up and smelt the coffee and we are being treated like morans

I now think that Harry was sent out to Afganistan as a pr exercise - to improve his image - Its all to convenient that he was there and the press was told to keep it quiet then conviently it got leaked now he's home and let endless projectile vomiting commence as story after story and interview after interview pronounce him a hero

HOLA448
I have to say that's not how I see it at all.

I'm no royal lover by any means, however, from the coverage I've seen of Harry, he does seem to be a reasonably ordinary guy (as best one can be in being a royal), and I can see Harry staying in the Army because he is shielded to a certain extent from the press.

I agree.... The coverage is a bit pink and fluffy but they are delivering what they think we want. My cousin is out there doing his bit and he has openly stated what a top, down to earth fella he is. Just getting there is a bloody nightmare and according to my cuz, having Harry out there was a big morale boost for the lads.

He did not choose to be a royal and does not act like one, he is as normal a bloke as you can expect in his situation. If being on the frontline is your only opportunity for a normal life. How sad is that? !!!

I think any coverage to show what it is really like out there is a good thing, Take out the BBC fluff and understand it`s a dirty, dangerous place and I for one am proud of all the lads out there ( Including Harry )

They are not fighting for Queen and country, they are fighting for each other.

HOLA449
The british media were gagged with a section D notice. In recent times it has also been used for the firemans strike. the post office strike, the flooding aftermath in Hull and Tewksbury. It is used by the government to supress items of information not deemed to be in the public interest. It it used soley as a restriction on information. Any british news media that ignored a D notice would find their licence withdrawn. Sometimes the government are caught unaware and have to rush through a D notice. That is why early morning news items suddenly disapear from trace by around 0800 hours. Sometimes incidents are out in the public domain before early action can be taken such as the recent tube bombings. After a few hours though you will only see and hear what the government want you to see and hear. Its called democracy here but frowned upon in Russia and North Korea.

Other D notices are.

Suicides by dept.

Mass public service upheaval.

The number of british residents leaving Britain for a better life.

Immigration being far higher than it actually is.

Average annual pay (lower than reported.)

House prices (dropping like a stone.)

Like Daft Boy said, flood victims STILL being homeless and/or being without electricity and running water.

The number of Council Tax refusal to payers.

Prison space filled with immigrants.

The polish are really bad tilers.

Any more you can think of.......

HOLA4410
Guest anorthosite
Other D notices are.

Suicides by dept.

Mass public service upheaval.

The number of british residents leaving Britain for a better life.

Immigration being far higher than it actually is.

Average annual pay (lower than reported.)

House prices (dropping like a stone.)

Like Daft Boy said, flood victims STILL being homeless and/or being without electricity and running water.

The number of Council Tax refusal to payers.

Prison space filled with immigrants.

The polish are really bad tilers.

Any more you can think of.......

Any proof of this?

Archived