House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackster1

Was It Right To Gag The Press About Harry Being In Afganistan

Guest Bart of Darkness
Harry is third in line to the British throne

Not bad for the illegitimate son of an adulterous ex-army officer.

They didn't gag them. They negotiated a deal, the same way they did before the kids completed their educations.

Incidentally, reporting out of Afganistan is pretty much controlled anyway... the whole thing is a bit of a distraction.

Guest anorthosite

So some parasitic journalist broke the silence without caring about the consequences? Sounds about right.

It was probably best for the press to be silent about this - it serves no useful purpose for us to know.

They didn't gag them. They negotiated a deal, the same way they did before the kids completed their educations.

Incidentally, reporting out of Afganistan is pretty much controlled anyway... the whole thing is a bit of a distraction.

still amounts to the same thing - the press were told to keep quiet about it

and its a bit sickening to hear the condecending remarks or the bbc about how great the British press are and how foreign journalists are villans

Guest anorthosite
still amounts to the same thing - the press were told to keep quiet about it

and its a bit sickening to hear the condecending remarks or the bbc about how great the British press are and how foreign journalists are villans

Let's be honest, most of the press in any country are really quite low, just above BTLers on the scum scale

I suppose they have to do something to justify the BBC fee / sell papers. It`s hardly news though - if Harry cashes in his chips there`s always someone else to take his place. Hell, he`s not even the biological son of Charles anyway!

I just hope the dozy bugger doesn`t go and get his colleagues blown up or inspire some kind of hostage-taking attempts etc. And now Brown is prattling on about the excellent service Harry is providing.

But how do we measure that - body counts, heads of fuzzy-wuzzies brought back for posterity??! :rolleyes:

In view of his spliff-toking and on-off relationship with Chelsy `Kirsty` Davy, I suppose they have to do something to `rehabilitate` his character. <_<

The guy wants to go and play at war for a while, throws a tantrum when they won't let him go, and the press agrees to keep mum... makes you wonder how many other more important events the press agree to keep their mouths shut about? I also wonder how many other mothers were consulted about whether their sons/daughters should go to a war zone?

So much for a free and independent press.

:- edited to add 'daughters' (I don't want to be sexist)

Every bolt, every screw, every tank, every war head has a NATO number. Using this number you can locate any kit anywhere in the world using a certain computer. The location of hardware for obvious reasons is classified even those procuring parts will not know the location. All this information is kept very secret.

You can't ring up the MOD and find out where the exact location of Lance Corporal Smith for example, the information is classified. So why should we know that our prince in serving in Afganistan, in the interests of security it would make no sense to make the taliban aware of this. This called WAR and it's not like big brother on the tele or celebrity get me out of here. Do you think that during the second world war we made it clear where Winston Churchill would be so that Hitler could drop a bomb on him.

Some people watch too much tele, If you want to know join the bloody army.

The guy wants to go and play at war for a while, throws a tantrum when they won't let him go, and the press agrees to keep mum... makes you wonder how many other more important events the press agree to keep their mouths shut about? I also wonder how many other mothers were consulted about whether their sons/daughters should go to a war zone?

So much for a free and independent press.

:- edited to add 'daughters' (I don't want to be sexist)

THere's a thing called the D-Notice.

Please read about it and think about the relative importance of things.

Yes they were. And thet should extend it to every single piece of information about the royal family.

Before anyone says I'm aniti-royal let me say this.

I have no opinion either way regarding the sponging in-bred German retards.

Guest anorthosite
no, just wild coincidence, conjecture and hypothesis. Have you not seen the links man?

Who is this links man you speak of? Does he have seismic data that shows it wasn't an earthquake? Earthquakes behave differently from nukes, and there's a difference in the seismic data they produce. Does he know how they got the nuke 10km down into the earth?

Guest Bart of Darkness
Have you not seen the links man?

No, but I do know the muffin man.

The coverage of Harry coming "home" this morning on the BBC was gut wrenching. Quite when he made his little interviews and for exactly what point I don't know. He was seen posing on his bunk whilst telling the "camera" that "if" (and he said if real quick) he was to go on patrol he would cover his face just in case he was recognised. Not for his own safety you understand, just so the other "chaps" don't get hurt. Then we get to see pictures of him firing a big old machine gun. The truth is Harry failed his exams. He's thick as shite. But he's an Officer. He spent however long,probably not even ten weeks in a fooking great big bunker with some pals. Utter farce. Why doesn't someone on the BBC question this ??? Do they really think we believe he was going to go on patrol ? wtf !! :angry:

The british media were gagged with a section D notice. In recent times it has also been used for the firemans strike. the post office strike, the flooding aftermath in Hull and Tewksbury. It is used by the government to supress items of information not deemed to be in the public interest. It it used soley as a restriction on information. Any british news media that ignored a D notice would find their licence withdrawn. Sometimes the government are caught unaware and have to rush through a D notice. That is why early morning news items suddenly disapear from trace by around 0800 hours. Sometimes incidents are out in the public domain before early action can be taken such as the recent tube bombings. After a few hours though you will only see and hear what the government want you to see and hear. Its called democracy here but frowned upon in Russia and North Korea.

Guest anorthosite
The british media were gagged with a section D notice. In recent times it has also been used for the firemans strike. the post office strike, the flooding aftermath in Hull and Tewksbury. It is used by the government to supress items of information not deemed to be in the public interest. It it used soley as a restriction on information. Any british news media that ignored a D notice would find their licence withdrawn. Sometimes the government are caught unaware and have to rush through a D notice. That is why early morning news items suddenly disapear from trace by around 0800 hours. Sometimes incidents are out in the public domain before early action can be taken such as the recent tube bombings. After a few hours though you will only see and hear what the government want you to see and hear. Its called democracy here but frowned upon in Russia and North Korea.

Is that about Harry or the earthquake?