House Price Crash Forum

Bad Advice From Estate Agent

As far as I'm aware the practice of de-clawing cats is illegal in UK...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,...1518688,00.html

“Our advice to landlords is this. Ask if cats can be declawed. This is already quite popular with American cats. And insist on an additional deposit to cover any pet-induced wear and tear. â€

Look out for the backlash from the feline fraternity!

Apparently the estate agent in question (Amelia Greene from Cluttons estate agency in Kensington) is claiming that Rosie Millard misquoted her and has asked for a correction to be printed!

Sloppy journalism or Estate agent U-turn?

If you ask me, all cats should be shot!

Cats destroy lots of native wildlife. Domestic cats all stem from the African wild cat and are not native to Britain.

Cats are yet another Human creation to provide human comfort at the expense of native wild creatures.

Chickens make just as good pets and are intelligent, highly emotional beings, so lets each keep a freerange chicken instead.

Humans are happy to allow battery chickens to endure insufferable traumatic cruelty from the minute they are born to the time they end up as a taste sensation on the human palette. THEY WOULDNT STAND THIS TREATM,ENT ON CATS BECAUSE CATS ARE UMMM, CUTE IN THE HUMAN MIND.

Chickens make just as good pets and are intelligent, highly emotional beings

Not the chickens I've known. My old landlord used to have a few chickens in the garden, and they were absolutely retarded animals... I have no qualms whatsoever about eating them.

Not the chickens I've known. My old landlord used to have a few chickens in the garden, and they were absolutely retarded animals... I have no qualms whatsoever about eating them.

I dont mind eating them but I dont want my pathetic desire for a chickeny taste sensation to mean that chickens have to be utterly traumatised for every second of thier short sad lives. Thats why I eat only free - range.

Did u know that the minute they are born into noisy terrifying crammed boxes the male tiny chicks are tossed out onto a conveyor - belt and then crushed under a metal plate whilst the other chicks look on. Nice.

Bit more expensive, so I eat a little less.

I cope and the chickens have a happy life.

And, they are intelligent, emotional and very sociable. They have a bad image because they make a funny noise and tend towards hyperactivity.

Cats are ok but lets face it dogs are 10x better.  Dog ownership is my main reason for wanting to leave stinky cramped london and go somewhere i can afford a garden.  It will probably be Cumbria! (Which i am sure is beautiful.  just far away) ;)

You'd be better off with a duck then, It's always p!ssing down up there