House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Leonard Hatred

Britannia And The "s" Word

Profits have fallen by more than 12 per cent at building society Britannia amid "unprecedented" market conditions.

[...]

Chief executive Neville Richardson, pictured, said it had to rein back lending in some markets because funding has become more expensive and margins have been squeezed.

[...]

Mr Richardson said lending had been reined back in its intermediary mortgage business Platform, which offers sub-prime lending to higher risk customers.

http://www.thesentinel.co.uk/displayNode.j...tentPK=20010690

Repeat after me: there is no subprime in Britain.

Guest grumpy-old-man

seriously, this is getting hilarious.

we could just have wrote a 100 line "this is what will happen" document & then applied 5 lines of the document every month. Well, I say we, I mean the guys who have been stating this would happen in 2005/6 for 2007/8, if you know what I mean. (you all know who you are) :D

& to think it's this bad already & the UK has hardly really started it's demise on the housing/economic front yet. :lol::unsure: