House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Timm

Bragging Rights

Well, the Home report is now showing a YoY fall in real terms.

On the other hand, LR is still 6% positive YoY nominal.

Given that most of us expect most indices to go YoY negative this year, which index should we agree to use to establish who called the top most correctly?

I would suggest that in order to bragg in the pub, the LR is the only definitive index. However I note its lagging nature, and therefore suggest that we backdate by 12 months, that’s six months to deal with the lag, and six months to take account of the YoY comparison. That is to say, if the LR goes YoY negative in August 08, posters calling the top in August 08 would be proved bang on the money.

Then everyone can dig out their first (unedited!) bearish post and vie for the right to call themselves OracleBear.

Or is this a crap idea?

The most fastidious bear would argue that you should be referring to the 'Rightest Bear'.

A 'Rightist Bear would be one who champions the rights of other bears, unnecessary as most bears are self-championing.

Yeah, fairly crap. It would distract from filling the board with threads about immigration and global warming denial.

:lol:

I think the price of wheat has everything to do with house prices, and is a most interesting read.

:lol:

I think the price of wheat has everything to do with house prices, and is a most interesting read.

Could it still be cheaper building a house out of wheat rather than breeze blocks???

Exciting development of Luxury Executive Wig-wams - from £159,000

And the global warming is a bugger - stopped Barrats from going ahead with their high-rise igloo concept that would've made them a fortune at £99,999 per unit.