Home Report In December

Fishy

HOLA441
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
'Elder statesman' calls for end to Home Reports, fearing property market 'meltdown'

http://www.thefirmmagazine.com/features/45..._an_end_to.html

Discuss.

Somebody's not too happy! The legal profession didn't complain when house prices were rising, and therefore their income from legal fees and estate agency commission was huge. As soon as the market cools, they start complaining.

If Home Reports had been introduced 3 years ago, when lenders would lend on almost any property, regardless of condition, nothing would have been said. Does he really believe that any sensible and serious buyer would be put off by a failed double glazing unit?

The party is over for the Scottish legal profession for a few years.

Maybe if they hadn't treated their clients and their buyers with such contempt during the good times, I would have some sympathy.

Some interesting statistics in there, and a good insight into the panic present in the market at the moment.

HOLA443
HOLA444

How easy is everyone finding it to get their hands on a home report? I'm not at the stage of being ready to buy (still a lot of saving to do before i have a deposit) but interested in this nonetheless.

Are EA's happy to e-mail the home report to anyone who expresses an interest or do they prefer to restrict it to prospective buyers who take the time to view the property? Are they still trying to charge admin fees for copies of it?

Edited by Jie Bie

HOLA445

Jie Bie

In the areas in Edinburgh in which I am looking there has not been one new property ont he market since December 1st! As I understand it if the property was ont he market before this it doesnt ever need a Home Report. So I may never find out!! It is amazing how the market has literally dies since December the 1st. The transaction numbers for December and January are going to be amazing! That is if we ever find out as the ESPC seems to have stopped publishing reports.

HOLA446
Jie Bie

In the areas in Edinburgh in which I am looking there has not been one new property ont he market since December 1st! As I understand it if the property was ont he market before this it doesnt ever need a Home Report. So I may never find out!! It is amazing how the market has literally dies since December the 1st. The transaction numbers for December and January are going to be amazing! That is if we ever find out as the ESPC seems to have stopped publishing reports.

Interesting. I'm in Glasgow (have just edited my profile to reflect this) but as I have a fair bit to go before I can get a mortgage I haven't done anything other than browse rightmove. I installed propertybee last night though, I can see that being very useful for me this year.

I'm hoping that by the time I'm ready to start putting in offers EA's will be making reports available to any potential buyer, even if its just an online enquiry.

Edited by Jie Bie

HOLA447
Interesting. I'm in Glasgow (have just edited my profile to reflect this) but as I have a fair bit to go before I can get a mortgage I haven't done anything other than browse rightmove. I installed propertybee last night though, I can see that being very useful for me this year.

I'm hoping that by the time I'm ready to start putting in offers EA's will be making reports available to any potential buyer, even if its just an online enquiry.

I recently requested a copy of a home report by email and was sent one immediately in .pdf format. I see no reason why EAs would not want to do this-its as easy as sending out a schedule after all.

HOLA448
HOLA449
I see no reason why EAs would not want to do this-its as easy as sending out a schedule after all.

because it effectively ends the offers over income generation trough.

they will just have to accept %'s of fair value, rather than a % of whatever stupid price they can

talk the buyer into.

HOLA4410
How easy is everyone finding it to get their hands on a home report? I'm not at the stage of being ready to buy (still a lot of saving to do before i have a deposit) but interested in this nonetheless.

Are EA's happy to e-mail the home report to anyone who expresses an interest or do they prefer to restrict it to prospective buyers who take the time to view the property? Are they still trying to charge admin fees for copies of it?

Probably not enough reports out there to determine any 'trend' on this - properties that were on market before 1 Dec don't have them, and hardly anything come to the market since then.............

HOLA4411
Probably not enough reports out there to determine any 'trend' on this - properties that were on market before 1 Dec don't have them, and hardly anything come to the market since then.............

Spoke with a Glasgow southside EA today and asked for the report on a property. Was told I will get a weblink sent to me once report is complete in next day or so which will let me access it. No hassle - will see what the report looks like and try to remember to post back my observations soonest.

HOLA4412
Spoke with a Glasgow southside EA today and asked for the report on a property. Was told I will get a weblink sent to me once report is complete in next day or so which will let me access it. No hassle - will see what the report looks like and try to remember to post back my observations soonest.

You could just post the link ? Isn't that the point of these things ?

One gets produced - anyone gets to see it who wants to. Not exactly confidential. :P

HOLA4413
You could just post the link ? Isn't that the point of these things ?

One gets produced - anyone gets to see it who wants to. Not exactly confidential. :P

The comment about making my observations was more about how well the process works. I didn't say I wouldn't be posting the link.

:P backatcha

HOLA4414
The comment about making my observations was more about how well the process works. I didn't say I wouldn't be posting the link.

:P backatcha

Cheers - will be interesting to see what these things look like.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4417