House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
aussieboy

Peak District

What on earth's going on in the Peak District? An avalanche of new properties and suddenly it looks like every flat in the converted water board building is for sale (example )

Must be ten flats up for sale all of a sudden, all looking very similar, varying in price from 155 to 230odd.

I've been interested in them for a while now as I drive past them quite often and wondered what they were like inside. I now know, utterly dull. What a shame. Seems daft that some of them had bids at auction less than £10k below the price thye are prepared to sell at now. Surely someon so desperate to sell that thye'll but them up for auction ought to take what they can?

Whoa!! Whoever bought flat 23 in Feb 2007 must be a bit gutted. Bought for £310,000, twelve months later on the market for £185,000. Few of these seem to have "out performed the market"

What do you want to know - i've been tracking all the properties for the last 6 months. They are all slowly dropping. The ones at bamford are reposessions. (I've a friend that works for one of the estate agents).

Interesting times.

BB

What do you want to know

I was interested to know what thye looked like inside but now I've seen the pictures I know they look like any cheap newbuild flat in any town. Also, none of the Rightmove adverts show the views from the windows which I guess must mean its difficult to see out of the windows (ground floor windows too high??)

Anyway, what i want to know now is why so many have been repossed all at once? I assumed the developer had gone bust but all the ones now for sale have been sold at least once and over a period of time so it doesn't even seem as though an investor bought a job lot and went bust.

8 Ladybower lodge Ashopton Road, Bamford, Hope Valley, S33 £155,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-189...=2&tr_t=buy

Previously sold:

--/--/2008 £155,000

24/07/2006 £310,000

17/09/2004 £248,850

You can't lose on property!

Edit: Previously offered at auction:

* For Sale by Public Auction 14th February 2008

* By Order of the Mortgagees

Edited by microbe

Whoa!! Whoever bought flat 23 in Feb 2007 must be a bit gutted. Bought for £310,000, twelve months later on the market for £185,000. Few of these seem to have "out performed the market"

Jesus wept. Is that for real?

BTW the house on the end is also for sale (has been for months) and looks very nice inside. But not for 425k.

Torrid times for the vendor of this place in Castleton:

27th Feb 2008

* Status changed: from 'Under offer' to 'Available'

24th Feb 2008

* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Under offer'

19th Feb 2008

* Price changed: from 'Offers in Region of £425,000' to 'Offers in Region of £395,000'

9th Feb 2008

* Initial entry found.

Edited to add: Looks like offers are falling through quickly these days.

Edited by aussieboy

Had a look at one of these last September. Was told by EA that six of he flats were reposssesions relating to a single owner. Three of the agents in nearby Hathersage had two each, presumably to try and mask the number that were being sold at the same time.

I logged my Peak District search on Property Bee on 23rd Jan 08. I have just counted the number of properties that have reduced their prices within a 10 mile radius of Tideswell. Currently at 18% of properties. I know it is more than that as I started noting properties in June 07.

There are also lots of properties currently under offer and have been for a couple of months. I presume its offers from people yet to sell.

BB

What do you want to know - i've been tracking all the properties for the last 6 months. They are all slowly dropping. The ones at bamford are reposessions. (I've a friend that works for one of the estate agents).

Interesting times.

BB

Cant believe how much they have dropped - does anyone know who the actual developers where? bet they rubbing their hands with joy!

Cant believe how much they have dropped - does anyone know who the actual developers where? bet they rubbing their hands with joy!

The red ink is starting to appear in earnest now on my S33 and S32 searches (family there).

The only place holding up (ish) is Castleton.

Stayed in the YBI accommodation this autumn. Lovely place - very spacious. It got me thinking. I'm looking to move Sheffield area in the next year or so.

Its happening everywhere. New development in Yatton Keynell Wilts, opened Aug 2007. 2 bed houses well fitted out, £249,000

Maybe one has sold. They now on at £215,000.

8 Ladybower lodge Ashopton Road, Bamford, Hope Valley, S33 £155,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-189...=2&tr_t=buy

Previously sold:

--/--/2008 £155,000

24/07/2006 £310,000

17/09/2004 £248,850

You can't lose on property!

Edit: Previously offered at auction:

* For Sale by Public Auction 14th February 2008

* By Order of the Mortgagees

As the previous post says no. 10 went for 90k yesterday. If its the same layout - WTF

Been thinking of holiday home in Peaks. How much next year - 50k? or is this as bad as it gets boys

Edited by sleepless

As the previous post says no. 10 went for 90k yesterday. If its the same layout - WTF

Been thinking of holiday home in Peaks. How much next year - 50k? or is this as bad as it gets boys

God knows what the bottom will be for these. There's very little in the area for them to be bought as anything but holiday homes. There's few local jobs. It would be possible to live there and work in sheffield, but I can't think what type of person that would appeal to. If you work in a city you usually want a city lifestyle. Some people paid 310,000 for these, it's unbelievable.

Next door to the one I stayed in (ground floor, patio doors) they were permanent residents, I wold imagine also that this type would be the high value apartments (along with the big window units overlooking the front) the majority seemed to be weekend boltholes from where - I dont know. But i recognised returning cars at the weekend.

From my point of view, the location was tremendous, and only 14 miles from Sheffield, with a railway station (shef/manchester) 2 miles away. I sound like the agent now, but I think they're much more that weekend retreats.

Having said all that, if you paid 200+ you are on shaky ground.

Next door to the one I stayed in (ground floor, patio doors) they were permanent residents, I wold imagine also that this type would be the high value apartments (along with the big window units overlooking the front) the majority seemed to be weekend boltholes from where - I dont know. But i recognised returning cars at the weekend.

From my point of view, the location was tremendous, and only 14 miles from Sheffield, with a railway station (shef/manchester) 2 miles away. I sound like the agent now, but I think they're much more that weekend retreats.

Having said all that, if you paid 200+ you are on shaky ground.

Yep - they're in a funny place. They aren't even in Yorkshire Bridge which itself isn't even Bamford. You can't exactly pop to the shops and the only local within staggering distance is a real tourist trap. Bamford station is usfeful but becoming less so what with service erosion and all. Doable into Sheffield but a very long journey into Manchester...

The road is a busy one too - do the Blue Circle cement trucks still compete with the hooning bikers for road space all night?

Yep - they're in a funny place. They aren't even in Yorkshire Bridge which itself isn't even Bamford. You can't exactly pop to the shops and the only local within staggering distance is a real tourist trap. Bamford station is usfeful but becoming less so what with service erosion and all. Doable into Sheffield but a very long journey into Manchester...

The road is a busy one too - do the Blue Circle cement trucks still compete with the hooning bikers for road space all night?

Brings back some bad memories - used to do that journey late at night 3 or 4 times a week for a time in 93 and again in 04/05 and certainly then, yes. Used to be the route for timber wagons too but no idea where they were going from/to. Is Hope Valley cement works still going?

Brings back some bad memories - used to do that journey late at night 3 or 4 times a week for a time in 93 and again in 04/05 and certainly then, yes. Used to be the route for timber wagons too but no idea where they were going from/to. Is Hope Valley cement works still going?

Yep they are still are (owned by Lafarge now), although I guess orders must have slowed right down with the building bust .....

Still plenty of wagons from the various quarries, plus animal feed deliveries. I often go cycling around there and you've definitively got to watch your line (some of the bikers are just nuts - bloody organ donors on wheels).

How times change. The regular sellers are now tempted out of the woodwork and asking 195-215k again!

Wish I'd have bout one at £120. Except I still haven't sold my house A 3 bed detached in Chippenham- well I have twice, both times SSTC in 6 weeks but both fell through after 3-4 Months each time. I went back on the market last September, and have had 5 viewings in that time, and 1 speculative offer 25k under the asking price.

What I don't really understand, is that in sept 2009, I was high end, of the relatively few on the market. Now there's quite a few on the market, and I'm low compared to the new arrivals, yet now, I don't get a sniff.