House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Wes Bromwich Building Society

Has anyone here opened either their high rate instant access account or their ebond? I don't have a branch anywhere near me and am trying to weigh up the pros and cons of opening an account with them. The IRs are very good but I have my doubts about putting my money into an organisation that is about 150 miles away at best.

I have opened an account with Newcastle, which is much further away, but I have online access with Newcastle but I do not have it with West Brom. Are my feelings unsound or just commonsense?

(Not too keen on sending large cheques through the post also which is what you have to do if you open their ebond)

Has anyone here opened either their high rate instant access account or their ebond? I don't have a branch anywhere near me and am trying to weigh up the pros and cons of opening an account with them. The IRs are very good but I have my doubts about putting my money into an organisation that is about 150 miles away at best.

I have opened an account with Newcastle, which is much further away, but I have online access with Newcastle but I do not have it with West Brom. Are my feelings unsound or just commonsense?

(Not too keen on sending large cheques through the post also which is what you have to do if you open their ebond)

I have the same issues. I looked at WB but also checked their size on the BSA website - they are pretty small fry & it made me nervous. Until some of this unease blows over I prefer the look of the bigger high street building societes (not many left now) as they seem safer, even though their rate of interest is not as good. BTW, I have been strongly advised that a BS is better than a bank as they are less leveraged

With their notice bonds/accounts, you can give them notice every couple of weeks, that way you have continuous rolling notice & can always get money out without loss of interest that way & shift it when I wish

I have the same issues. I looked at WB but also checked their size on the BSA website - they are pretty small fry & it made me nervous. Until some of this unease blows over I prefer the look of the bigger high street building societes (not many left now) as they seem safer, even though their rate of interest is not as good. BTW, I have been strongly advised that a BS is better than a bank as they are less leveraged

With their notice bonds/accounts, you can give them notice every couple of weeks, that way you have continuous rolling notice & can always get money out without loss of interest that way & shift it when I wish

Yes, I have opened one of their 'Star Easy Access Savings' Accounts. The account can be operated by either post of phone, I also have a normal geographical telephone number for them as opposed to their 0845 number.

Rgds