House Price Crash Forum

How Low Can We Go?

Daltski

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

They've gone one better on wooden flooring throughout. Now with wooden windowing throughout.

Praise the glorious United States of America.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
http://www.realtor.com/search/listingdetai...nt=19791#Detail

$500 for this - Detroit must be bad!!!

I remember when I was told about the US house price "boom" -- and - I scratched my head for 5 seconds ---- yep - 5 seconds --- and I thought -- yep -- it's going to end in tears.... The fact that there is SO much available land in the US - and, as far as I know, NOTHING LIKE the kind of planning restrictions like here.......... Makes NO SENSE at all ---- The only thing holding up house "prices" in the US was utter stupidity....... not confidence.

Anyway --- Good sense suddenly saw that it made NO SENSE at all --- and ----- POP!!! The bubble just vanished into thin air in a split second........... Leaving the tears behind.... And the suckers holding the baby.

It's going to happen here in the UK more in slow motion --- because it takes so long for people to see how insane and stupid it all is......

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
I remember when I was told about the US house price "boom" -- and - I scratched my head for 5 seconds ---- yep - 5 seconds --- and I thought -- yep -- it's going to end in tears.... The fact that there is SO much available land in the US - and, as far as I know, NOTHING LIKE the kind of planning restrictions like here.......... Makes NO SENSE at all ---- The only thing holding up house "prices" in the US was utter stupidity....... not confidence.

I have friends in Detroit, and i've visited em a couple of times. They like a lot of Americans chose a new build - you can get the style and finish you like. Apparently the lifetime for a house if about 50 years, so if someone buys an old house, they usually just knock it down and get a new one built in its place. The builders seem to put the houses up in a matter of 4 to 6 weeks.

HOLA4413
I have friends in Detroit, and i've visited em a couple of times. They like a lot of Americans chose a new build - you can get the style and finish you like. Apparently the lifetime for a house if about 50 years, so if someone buys an old house, they usually just knock it down and get a new one built in its place. The builders seem to put the houses up in a matter of 4 to 6 weeks.

You dont build in these areas if you did it would immediately devalue by a 100% once finished.

Those houses are nothing but trouble even before sub-prime meltdown there is no way you can make it work unless you live there and are prepared to do it up and live in it. If you were for mthe UK and tried to live there you would get shot at.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

America may have lots of land, but that does not explain prices. Detroit along with the majority of American cities are dead because no-one wants to live in them. No-one wants to live in them because they are economically and socially dead. There is no reason why London will not end up the same as Detroit. The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon will explain how societies, even seemingly successful ones, fail.

As for supply v demand re land, anyone been to Japan recently, a busy little island with a dying economy. But at least it has an economy, the UK doesn't, how much worse will the decline be? Answers on a postcard please.....

How low can we go, how about completely worthless.........especially cities.......

HOLA4418
America may have lots of land, but that does not explain prices. Detroit along with the majority of American cities are dead because no-one wants to live in them. No-one wants to live in them because they are economically and socially dead. There is no reason why London will not end up the same as Detroit. The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon will explain how societies, even seemingly successful ones, fail.

As for supply v demand re land, anyone been to Japan recently, a busy little island with a dying economy. But at least it has an economy, the UK doesn't, how much worse will the decline be? Answers on a postcard please.....

How low can we go, how about completely worthless.........especially cities.......

Long Long term Detroit will come back as the US is one of the westeren countries where population will continue to increase unlike the UK.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Long Long term Detroit will come back as the US is one of the westeren countries where population will continue to increase unlike the UK.

Long Term?

Are you sure you want to be here? Isn't your mind telling you it should be baking cakes?

Not in detroit.

Its dead it might not get worse, but only because it can't.

HOLA4421
I still find it funny that these $1-$500 dollar houses have the 'Please have your buyer pre-qualified with lender known to agent' bit on them.

Come on - as if you're going to get a mortgage for these places! :blink:

They even give an estimated mortgage payment.

The $500 ones are $2 a month. The $100 are $0 a month.

Although I estimate it would actually be 20p.

HOLA4422

Wow.... I could buy about 1500 homes with my STR fund.... bloody hell!

I could rent them out at $2 a month each if I could get that and get a return 10 times the interest I am getting in the bank at the moment.

I suspect however I would get like 3 people taking them up and no more because the city is just dead and lets face it, if you can't afford $100 to buy a house, do i really want to rent you one for $2? I doubt it!

:lol::lol:

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425