House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Barratt Says Housing Market Improves

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/27022008/325/barra...t-improves.html

Barratt says housing market improves

...../ "The new calendar year has started well. We have increased outlets, and have a strong forward order book. Visitor and reservation levels continue to improve and we remain optimistic that this will continue through the balance of the spring selling season," it said in a statement...../

This despite record pessimism according to RICS, 5th month in a row of falling prices, a credit squeeze tight enough to make a Gorilla's face turn blue and acute pessimism everywhere.

If Barratt would like to put their statement in a prospectus for the puiblic to buy shares I think they might find themselves in some legal diffculties down the road.

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/27022008/325/barra...t-improves.html

Barratt says housing market improves

...../ "The new calendar year has started well. We have increased outlets, and have a strong forward order book. Visitor and reservation levels continue to improve and we remain optimistic that this will continue through the balance of the spring selling season," it said in a statement...../

This despite record pessimism according to RICS, 5th month in a row of falling prices, a credit squeeze tight enough to make a Gorilla's face turn blue and acute pessimism everywhere.

If Barratt would like to put their statement in a prospectus for the puiblic to buy shares I think they might find themselves in some legal diffculties down the road.

Visitor and reservation levels continue to improve and we remain optimistic - LIARS

Pure 'head in the sand' stuff. Barely moved the share price at all and that says something far more valuable than their statement ever could. Give it a few days and this could be prime shorting territory.

Basically people are popping in to see if they are reducing prices or giving more incentives/gifted deposits. When they find out that the deal is a bag of shite they bu99er off.

'oh well, put them into the pointless stats anyway'.

What a waste of time

Edited by DoctorJ

How else can you move as a second time buyer but be ripped off on new.In Nottingham there is no alternative but to offload at 90% valuation to Barratts and pay full book for a new box at 250K.Remember as soon as you have got the keys these boxes are worth 150K.

A few interesting facts and figures in their report for second half-year 2007.

- Just over 50% of all completions (I presume they mean building rather than sale completions) were for flats ..... expect big increase in 'marketing' costs

- Sales to 'investors' (read BTL numpties) were down by over 40% - will they have to flog them to housing associations?

So, excluding Central London where they 'completed' 680 flats, they managed to sell, in the rest of the country, only just over 500 flats to BTL investors out of the 3850 flats the 'completed'.

With thousands of flats due to be released this year on a credit-crunched market with a near complete lack of FTB's and a shrinking pool of 'investors', I can only admire their fortitude in claiming 'market conditions' are improving .....

Watch out for directors' share dealings I say .....

Captain of Titanic says small iceberg no cause for Alarm.

"The new calendar year has started well. We have increased bilge pumping, and the retaurant is fully booked for this evening. Cruise booking levels continue to improve and we remain optimistic that this will continue through the balance of the spring selling season."

Pure 'head in the sand' stuff. Barely moved the share price at all and that says something far more valuable than their statement ever could. Give it a few days and this could be prime shorting territory.

These guys are complete TOSSERS....... They deserve to lose everything.

Edited by eric pebble

US Housing market in early 2007, sector share prices rallied strongly, house prices hadn't fallen much, and though there was growing housing stock around, few repossessions, only limited pick up in arrears. Builders took some write downs and stated, confidently, worst over, could see green shoots.

Sound familiar?

US Housing market in early 2007, sector share prices rallied strongly, house prices hadn't fallen much, and though there was growing housing stock around, few repossessions, only limited pick up in arrears. Builders took some write downs and stated, confidently, worst over, could see green shoots.

Sound familiar?

I've got a bottle of Veuve in the fridge awaiting the first time I see the phrase "green shoots of recovery" in the Daily Express a non-ironic way.

[edit; for the record, I'm not suggesting that the Daily Madeline knows how to use irony]

Edited by Paddles

I've got a bottle of Veuve in the fridge awaiting the first time I see the phrase "green shoots of recovery" in the Daily Express a non-ironic way.

[edit; for the record, I'm not suggesting that the Daily Madeline knows how to use irony]

It is indeed a bit like "I have full confidence in the Minister/manager/Chancellor"

BTW anyone see dear old Ken on TV y'day, saying the recent tax changes were all the Conservatives' fault, that the labour proposals were less damaging. Said with a straight face, how does he do it?

The market has since steadied, with data showing improved mortgage approvals and lending.

This presumably refers to January's lending being higher than December's, when the banks were closed for half the month.

In other news, the captain of the Titanic said of his brush with the iceberg, "The extra push that the berg gave us will have us in New York ahead of schedule. Passengers are flocking to the cocktail bars where there is free ice for everyone."

Green shoots of recovery??? It'll be a dark greeny brown colour and here in Wales we call it sheep shi...

Green shoots of recovery??? It'll be a dark greeny brown colour and here in Wales we call it sheep shi...

Oh no you are mistaken, sheep have their own little aroma-not that inocuous and it comes in cute little balls a bit like buny poo-Id know this smell anywhere, far more pungent, would gag a maggot, it can ONLY be...

....pure bullsh1t :)

Ahaha Barratt are such a bunch of clowns-make no mistake they will be feeling pain about now whatever cr@p they publish to the contrary. They've had it coming for sooo long-if there was no bubble they'd be gone already because their 'products' are such a comedy of errors it's tragic anyone is suckered into buying one of these pieces of sh1t!

Well I see that the new development near me, a 'select', 'unique', 'stunning' development of 2 bed apartments and 3 and 4 bed houses (that makes 7 beds, right?) is being built by Barratts no less.

Despite the fact that the hoarding has only recently gone up and demolition is barely complete, there is an 'Emergency Reservation number' on the board. I made an emergency call and reserved the whole site.

Pr!cks - the lot of them.

Guest X-QUORK

07-minister.jpg

"The glorious properties of Barrats are selling like hot cakes! The economic downturn has been reversed and mortgages will once again be generous and plentiful!"

and by the bye,the Persimmon development next to me has sold one out of 22 £350k+ houses.That person is beginning to look very lonely.They've been building for a year and have had houses finished for months now.

whats the location? sounds like round here

and by the bye,the Persimmon development next to me has sold one out of 22 £350k+ houses.That person is beginning to look very lonely.They've been building for a year and have had houses finished for months now.

The wimpey estate near me was next to a bryant estate with similar sized houses. The bryant was almost finishing just as the wimpey started. Bryant started with 4-5 bedrooms in the range 199,000 to 240,000 and finished with 240,000 to 305,000 ( with several still not sold and the last phase of the bryant has taken about a year to make 1/2 dozen houses compared to 70 in a year and a half).

I almost bought a bryant before deciding they were overpriced. When I talked to the wimpey girl in the "exclusive preview" weekend I was told prices would start at 280,000 for a 4bed with no garage. After I'd stopped laughing I was told they were hoping to get young families in small houses in the more exclusive areas of town to move to an average area to get the bigger house. Semis for detached is a no brainer is how they put it. Putting aside the minor issue of the areas they were talking about being desirable for the schools, the prices for semis topped out at 200k so anyone not there for several years would still be looking at one heck of a jump in monthly payments. Plus even if the kids were at school it would be quite a school run.

Wimpy have now been building for a year and none of the houses are ready. People were promised move in dates of last august which slipped to early 2008. ( the bad weather was blamed and seemed fair enough). There are 5 houses ( two look earmarked as showrooms) nearly ready but still fenced off. There are foundations for another dozen and all they seem interested in putting up is foundations. There should be 80 houses on the estate when its finished.

I noticed the other day that prices now start at 265,000 not 280,000 and many incentives are available including 300 quid a month towards your mortgage for 2 years.