House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
M21er

Bond Wolfe Residential Auction ( West Mids And Staffs )

Thanks for the reminder. Went to check out LOT 3 recently. Very interested to see what happens with that one. The guide seems very low for a 4 bedroom house so near to the centre of sutton. Given that that particular road has quite a few flats on it I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it converted into two seperate flats. 175K seems cheap to me.......did consider bidding but didn't fancy being stuck between the police station and the railway line.

had a look,can't find a live webcam link.is there one?

Hi

No live webcam as far as I can see. Just opens a streaming window which keeps you updated of the bids for each lot in real time.

Disappointing I know! We've been spoilt with other auctions

Regards

M21er

This is very interesting stuff I like to see auction stocks with lots of listings.

Lot 14 for me provided that some due dilligence is done on the tenant, great looking building, good rent roll

http://www.eigroup.co.uk/onlineauctions/lo...61&l=486819

the cemetry ones look good to but bad Fung Shui, the photos of the Port Glasgow props are all of the same street but different address same shit I guess, wonder how much they will fetch

This is good stuff will they post the sold prices ?

Can you really buy a german property at an English auction ? One of the buildings looked pretty tidy and they arent anywhere near the top yet, right ?

This is very interesting stuff I like to see auction stocks with lots of listings.

Lot 14 for me provided that some due dilligence is done on the tenant, great looking building, good rent roll

http://www.eigroup.co.uk/onlineauctions/lo...61&l=486819

the cemetry ones look good to but bad Fung Shui, the photos of the Port Glasgow props are all of the same street but different address same shit I guess, wonder how much they will fetch

This is good stuff will they post the sold prices ?

Can you really buy a german property at an English auction ? One of the buildings looked pretty tidy and they arent anywhere near the top yet, right ?

Good point - it is Barclays!! Interesting to see whether banks' problem have pushed up yields demanded by investors to compensate for risk?

Oh poo. Got called away, anyone know what Lot 3 went for? Or when the results get posted?

No Sorry - There seemed to be technical problems - the streaming didn't start until Lot 5

M21er

Good point - it is Barclays!! Interesting to see whether banks' problem have pushed up yields demanded by investors to compensate for risk?

If you owned the building it would be easy to plan out a bank job. I used to live above one in Maida Vale and the mind was working. Judging by the insolvency of the banks even the poor old common or garden bank robber is going to find himself on the dole as well.

How can I find out the sold prices of these and can you buy a German property at this auction ?

Edited by Bardon

If you owned the building it would be easy to plan out a bank job. I used to live above one in Maida Vale and the mind was working. Judging by the insolvency of the banks even the poor old common or garden bank robber is going to find himself on the dole as well.

How can I find out the sold prices of these and can you buy a German property at this auction ?

Hi Bardon,

There were no bids for the first Barclays building Lot 14 - I didn't see what happened to Lot 15.

You can buy the German property at the auction - they have a German solicitor ( or equivalent ) to sign up with on the day. Lot 45 is interesting. The net rent after Service Charge is around 1300 Euros so a decent yield if you can get it for GBP8k. I would worry about the Service Charge being increased or there may possibly be demands for one off repairs.

M21er

There were no bids on Lot14, missed lot 15 but guess no bids for that as well as they move onto lot 17 quickly. If barclays are trying to sell them they must be closing the branches.. which means you'ld either have to find a new tenant or turn it into a wine bar. :) The rental figure they quoted must be rubbish??

There were no bids on Lot14, missed lot 15 but guess no bids for that as well as they move onto lot 17 quickly. If barclays are trying to sell them they must be closing the branches.. which means you'ld either have to find a new tenant or turn it into a wine bar. :) The rental figure they quoted must be rubbish??

Thanks for that were Barclays the actual owner ? as my intelligence is that they are a motivated vendor, very very interesting, all I need to do is get inside for the building inspection, know what I mean...

Sod the wine bar get Daft Boy to convert it into the Living Rat Museum

Thanks for that were Barclays the actual owner ? as my intelligence is that they are a motivated vendor, very very interesting, all I need to do is get inside for the building inspection, know what I mean...

I was going by the fact the pictures of the two buildings had Barclays signs and posters on them.. You'll probably find the place is empty of money, much like the rest of the banking industry. They may even rob you if they mistake you for a customer :-)

Hi Bardon,

There were no bids for the first Barclays building Lot 14 - I didn't see what happened to Lot 15.

You can buy the German property at the auction - they have a German solicitor ( or equivalent ) to sign up with on the day. Lot 45 is interesting. The net rent after Service Charge is around 1300 Euros so a decent yield if you can get it for GBP8k. I would worry about the Service Charge being increased or there may possibly be demands for one off repairs.

M21er

Lot 45 - Sold for GBP 8.5k ( Not Euros )

Does that make it cash flow +ve ?

Most definitely!

The tenant pays Euro300 per month, you need to pay Euro190 per month Service Charge leaving you Euro110 per month surplus. This is the Euro 1320 pa referred to in the catalogue.

At an exchange rate of 1.3 ( Say ) this equates to GBP1,000 per annum on a GBP8,500 ( plus exp ) investment.

There will be some further expenses out of that but still a reasonable return on your capital?

Main drawback is the realtivley low total income for all the admin involved - eg Dealing with managing agent , German tax return etc .

A block of 10 at the same yield would start to make better sense..

M21er

Its probably got live exhibits already. Seriously, you may have identified a gap in the market.