House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RichM

The Gold Thread Summary Quiz Thread

There'll be a prize for who can sum up the now 600-page gold thread in less than 50 words. This will be for the benefit of those of us who got put off when it hit 16 pages.

There'll be categories: limericks, haiku, iambic pentameter, prose, plus an overall winner.

To be honest, anyone who has read and can summarise the gold thread deserves a house...

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

Gold is shiny, gold is nice

Gold is better than potatoes or rice

There'll be a prize for who can sum up the now 600-page gold thread in less than 50 words. This will be for the benefit of those of us who got put off when it hit 16 pages.

There'll be categories: limericks, haiku, iambic pentameter, prose, plus an overall winner.

To be honest, anyone who has read and can summarise the gold thread deserves a house...

Summary =

Ramping by VI gold bug SCUM.

(colour and size © Eric Pebble)

Edited by abaxas

Thank you for coming home

Im sorry that the chairs are all worn

I left them here I could have sworn

These are my salad days

Slowly being eaten away

Just another play for today

Oh but Im proud of you,but Im proud of you

Theres nothing left to make me feel small

Luck has left me standing so tall

Gold

Always believe in your soul

You've got the power to know

You're indestructable

Always believe in,because you are

Gold

Glad that youre bound to return

Theres something I could have learned

Youre indestructable,always believe in

After the rush has gone

I hope you find a little more time

Remember we were partners in crime

Its only two years ago

The man with the suit and the pace

You know that he was there on the case

Now hes in love with you,hes in love with you

And my love is like a prison wall

But you could leave me standing so tall

Gold

Always believe in your soul

You've got the power to know

You're indestructable

Always believe in,because you are

Gold

the dollar, pound, euro and any other currency you might think is safe is toast, were going to get inflation, the end is neigh, money bad, gold is better than toast, Dont buy houses they wont beat inflation, you better off buying as much gold as you can, dont buy virtual gold buy real gold, burying in the garden or hide it somewhere safe but dont tell anyone in case the authorities try to confiscate it again.

I Love gold, I love gold, I love gold, i love gold so much i wontever want to sell but i have to sell at the gold top, but who am i going to sell it to if civilistion has ended? what am i going to exchange it in a post apocoliptic world, is it worth living?

Oh did i mention, i love gold? Its better than money and houses because its so shiny and nice.

i ll have another go -

Basically - ignoring all the fundementals ---->>>

There have been 2 major global gold rushes in the 20th Century - the 1930s and the 1980s.

Are you willing to miss out on the first gold rush of the 21st Century?

Needs to be retitled:

Hpc Forum Hourly Gold Ramping Thread!

subtitle: goldbugs: please keep on the first page!

The thread either needs to be either stickied in the main forum or moved to the Investment -> Metals forum. The current situation is just ridiculous.

Edited by christh

the end is neigh

That catchphrase is reserved for one of the four horsemen of the northernrockacalypse. But, which one? Mervyn, Alistair, Richard or....... (hooded skull swings round violently to reveal blazing eye-sockets) Gordon?

From the 'contras'...

What are 'fundamentals' when applied to gold? What use is gold?

This is why I believe that we should stop thinking that gold is undervalued...using the adjusted for inflation excuse

Adjusted for inflation a Cadburys creme egg should be £2....doesn't mean to say it is.

I Love gold, I love gold, I love gold, i love gold so much i wontever want to sell but i have to sell at the gold top, but who am i going to sell it to if civilistion has ended? what am i going to exchange it in a post apocoliptic world, is it worth living?

Thats got me laughing. Pure comedy gold.

From the 'contras'...

What are 'fundamentals' when applied to gold? What use is gold?

Anyway with regard to inflation and precious metals...the historical mentions were that 'inflation' of gold and silver based money supply became evident when America was discovered and that deflation/depression in the USA resulted when the supply of gold/silver money could not keep up with the expansion of the economy.

Conclusion - we will never return to a precious metal backed money standard.

For the non die hards, Ignore the fundamentals - follow the trend, and make some money. When there a gold rush have an oz or two, watch it do better than a savings account.

Edited by notanewmember

Only the Gold thread, could have another thread spin-off, where the topic of discussion is the Gold thread itself.

It's not a spin off - it's the worlds first Gold Derivative (or GDO if you prefer), ready to be repackaged & linked to by unsuspecting posters who neither understand nor care about the complexity of the underlying, original thread, but who wish to profit from it ;)

Gordon sold our gold for nought,

Before this Gold Thread came about.

A shame for him , 'cause had he waited

Gold fever never truly has abated.

Now punters queue at ATS

To load lifeboats with... can't you guess?

You can't polish a turd, we all understand -

But you can get a good shine on a ... Krugerrand!!!

The problem becomes one of 'when you should sell?' -

Goldfinger will tell you "when it's a cold day in hell".

But we're all pretty clear that Hell's a warm place,

And not cooling down at a detectable pace!

So you better find a safe place to store your stash;

If you hope to rescue bright nuggets when the world turns to ash.

True Goldbugs will go for the physical stuff,

In an Argos personal safe till the world cuts up rough.

An alternative choice is for BullionVault,

Where your gold can be traded online without fault.

But you’ll never know surely if you gold is for real –

If the world goes tits up then to whom would you squeal?

Edited by Last Avenue

It's not a spin off - it's the worlds first Gold Derivative (or GDO if you prefer), ready to be repackaged & linked to by unsuspecting posters who neither understand nor care about the complexity of the underlying, original thread, but who wish to profit from it ;)

Of course. We have to be concerned when the Derivative thread (GDO) becomes more popular and has more postings than the original Gold thread itself. These lower quality postings on the GDO could bring down the original Gold thread if the moderators (GSA as apposed the the FSA) are not on their toes.

Edited by Pluto

Ramping by VI gold bug SCUM.

(colour and size © Eric Pebble)

Just one thing. Could someone please explain how gold can be ramped? Nothing said on HPC could ever have any impact on the price so I'm not sure what 'ramping' would mean exactly.

Guest Bart of Darkness
There'll be a prize for who can sum up the now 600-page gold thread in less than 50 words.

Easy peasy: Buy gold.

I now claim my prize, a 1 oz. Maple Leaf in protective plastic capsule housing. I will PM RichM with delivery details later tonight.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Just one thing. Could someone please explain how gold can be ramped? Nothing said on HPC could ever have any impact on the price so I'm not sure what 'ramping' would mean exactly.

I`ve heard on good authority that a serious sugar shortage is about to happen. :(

BTW you heard it here first. ^_^

I`ve heard on good authority that a serious sugar shortage is about to happen. :(

BTW you heard it here first. ^_^

Jim whatisname tipped cotton, sugar and coffee.

Basically you can go through rotation and anything bombed out in commodities is a possible punt whilst the central idiots are creating inflation with gay abandon.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Jim whatisname tipped cotton, sugar and coffee.

But did Jim whatisname say supermarkets will suddenly have no sugar to sell ? ;)